Yandere Otome Game - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Just discovered that Lycoris is the scientific name of the spider lily and in the language of flowers it means death and resurrection/rebirth/reincarnation.

Thought it was an interesting detail.

Thanks for the chapter!
And @Dulkia thank you for the information. It is interesting. I know almost nothing about the flower language, so it is good that you wrote down this😁

Dex-chan lover
This arc is so out of place, I have a feeling it's mainly to introduce an additional character in the most roundabout way.

Dex-chan lover
Kid, at this point, getting forgiveness from Lycoris is nice and all, but that's not what you should be worrying about.

What he should be worried about is Wolf cutting him into a billion pieces as soon as Lycoris is rescued. I'm surprised he didn't expect something like that to happen considering he has access to her memories.

Dex-chan lover
@Xeredge I believe this arc is original/exclusive to the light-novel version of Yandere Otome. The main story of the original webnovel ended some chapters ago after MC met Ruixiang and Oria.

Fed-Kun's army
i mean, ngl, why is everyone in this story so soft. they spend years becoming a villain (excluding maybe the main antag) and suddenly one statement fixes the problematic and toxic behavior they have. i love this manga dont get me wrong its just none of the antags actually feel meaningful. sad backstory, mc's small therapy session and that's it. i get they may have. had nobody tell them those kind and reassuring words before but it would be more interesting and realistic for the antags to be stubborn and refusing to change.

Group Leader
@eminyan i totally get how u feel, but sometimes it's more like u know there's something wrong with u and u want to just not feel the way u feel, but ur being held back at the same time by guilt or something. sometimes it's those reassuring words (in this case, lycoris's) that unravel everything and "set u free". maybe it would be more interesting if these characters were stubborn to change, but i'm a sucker for characters who want to feel liberated and healed by the mc/another character. i would never want to suffer, so those kinds of words (healing words) are really soothing.

Dex-chan lover
@eminyan
sometime only ever need one person to say "good job" or "im proud of you " to turn your life around.

Dex-chan lover
It was nice of the book boy to give himself up and show some regret. When they get out is he doing to come along and be her new little brother or adoptive son

Dex-chan lover
Oh good.. I was thinking he was going to trick lock her up in his basement or something, glad that was not the case...

But I could be wrong, so let's wait for the next chapter.

@eminyan It's been a while since I reread this series but weren't most of the characters that turn over a new leaf after talking not really real antagonists but the support cast? The real antagonists of the series were her uncle, Wolf's almost stepmother and the hidden character all of which were not redeemed.

Users who are viewing this thread