Blue Period - Vol. 5 Ch. 19 - Unlike You

Group Leader
Loved that spread on pg 24, looks so bloody cool

Interesting chapter as always. I wonder how things'll go with Ryuji

Dex-chan lover
I don't know who keeps removing the cross-dressing tag considering Yuka's a major character in the story, but whatever.

You go my dude, keep swimming and don't let anyone drown.

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of shounen ai in most cases and I know this isn't it, at least yet... But I fucking ship those 2 so hard it's unhealthy...

Yatora's an interesting protagonist. We're in his head a lot but I still don't know what he's thinking a lot of the time.

Very curious how this dynamic plays out.

Fed-Kun's army
Yo somebody break down what Yuka was trying to say to Yatora. Was he saying Yatora is flawless?

@mitochan I think he's saying he'll do the "right" thing, the "proper" thing, the "expected" thing to help someone - enough to be told "you did what you could but they couldn't be helped" (not maliciously, just his personality). where another person might drop everything, sacrificing themselves, to drop into a pit of despair and hopelessness trying to save someone.

if someone falls overboard and you heroically find and throw in a life-preserver but they can't hold on because of the waves, it would still be viewed as a heoric act (though a failure), but if you jump in and drown with them because of the waves, it would be viewed as a tragedy that couldn't be helped. but Yatora says at the end that he would do what's "proper" and then go beyond into what could be "tragic" if needed because he does care.

Ufi

Aghhhh i don wanna wait for the next chapter! I want it to happen sooooo damn hard

Dex-chan lover
@mitochan

Is about getting truly involved. Theory can only get you so far without actual experience. Yatora is too clinical, does a lot of stuff by the book. And by social standards.

Essentially he's calling him out on being superficial. Maybe in his art. Maybe in their relationship.

"You can't understand me. Or at least if you can't go through what I've been."

Something like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Mitochan I guess he said something along the lines of "You try to help from a safe distance" that he never puts himself in a place if he doesn't secure an exit first ... I guess it comes down to empathy and commitment, he doesn't want to risk more than necessary and Yuka doesn't want to open up to someone who's only listening halfheartedly or is just curious.

Sorry for the third summon hahaha It took me a while to write this and by the time I did you had no replies xP

@Misiakk I don't think so, the things they've done and the things he's doing right seems to be things I would to for a friend too.

Users who are viewing this thread