Ranker’s Return - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Was there an error in translation? 5,000 gold isn't a big leap from 3,000.

edit:
I looked at the raws. It also says 5,000. I wonder if the author messed up.

@w4ffles Isn't that a comparison between the similar elixir bid 6 months ago and the present one. The elixir was discontinued, and is a rare item, so I guess it's natural the bidding price hiked up, and that Gold Spoon joined the bidding aswell! xD

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!

Those numbers don't make any sense. It seems like 5000G is an enormous amount but MC wasted 2000 in a heartbeat for two "average" pieces of armor.

@U235 I feel that the numbers do make sense tho. in a lot of Korean manhuas and novels the gold to Won exchange rate is insane. meaning mere 3000 Gold could give an incredibly high amount of income and when you think about her was looking for 2 specific equipment pieces that were very low demand meaning that the current owners of those items could easily determine the market value of those two items it might also have been auction items with a high buyout. But then again what do i know im not in the game lulz

@godofshade We are totally on the same page on the exchange rate to Won. As i've said, 5000G does look like an incredible amount of money. But then again, if it's the case, then those armor prices don't make any sense. Even if they were in short supply (you said demand but i think you meant supply), it doesn't change the fact that they are not incredible. In a free market, supply and demand still have their limit. If you wanted to eat an apple and you went there (the market) to buy some, you wouldn't buy an apple for 2k even if it's the last one. Why? because you can buy oranges or wataever instead for 2$. Same goes for an armor. The seller would not put an astronomical price for this piece af armor since players can always buy other sets (and seeing how other players mock him, those two pieces of armor really don't seem to be anything special in in the common knowlege of the game).
Anyways, we'll see how the story goes on, as @Aekki said.

Aggregator gang
5k gold is basically nothing despite talking as if it is some big amount. Not only that but EVERYONE before selling an item, they first check out market price. Setting initial price of 100G when last one was sold for 2kG and there are no one selling it? Stupid.

Fed-Kun's army
It was an auction. No reason to worry about initial price when it's hot item. Not to mention may not have been allowed to set a large initial price based on the rarity or level requirement of the item. Some games have restrictions like that, if it's a level 5 item you can't just mark it for 1 million gold etc.

Item itself wasn't great, it could be deemed a strategic resource for professional gamers but only 4 hours and only 20% bonus? You'd have to be very foolish to buy it especially at an insane price.

Considering he seemed to get all the materials from the starting area, and the poor effect I bet it's low level. It's only valuable because others don't know how to make it + the 'need' to be first in level etc.

Users who are viewing this thread