Adachi to Shimamura - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - White Album

Dex-chan lover
I hope we will had
the present exchange with Adachi playing with boomerang in the park with her China dress.

Dex-chan lover
She said HIEH- and then tell us to forget it? NEVER!

LOL I Didn't remember her wearing the CHinese dress from the first manga adaptation XDDD that made me chuckle

Dex-chan lover
OMG that handholding! It's too cute!!!

I really like seeing Adachi trying her best to get closer with Shimamura and to be someone special to her. And I love that "Hieh".

Dex-chan lover
Just wants to play table tennis and hold hands with her gal pal. So sweet. Rootin' for ya!

Dex-chan lover
Adachi is suuuuuch a weirdo. I mean, she's cute, adorable and I love her, but she's still a big ol weirdo. The china dress, that crazy aggressive hand grab... lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Yuri manga from LN adaptations are wild man, can't wait for the anime in fall this year.

Dex-chan lover
In the light novel, Shimamura is never even momentarily anxious about Adachi's behavior. As odd as Adachi is, Shimamura is far more odd, because she accepts so much; she may find some of it annoying, but her underlying response to everything could largely be expressed with “Well, whatever.”

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Shimamura is misinterpreted by many people. But she is incredibly benevolent with Adachi, I really love this relationship.

Double-page supporter
This is the moment the author decides to have her behave like a human being and freak out about something? Okay.
There is a tiny portion of readers who think they understand Shimamura and that she is some sort of profound character. Those are the kind of people who think Santa Claus is real.
It has been made obvious time after time by the author that Adachi and Shimamura are nothing more than the typical insecure and troubled dark-haired girl and confident and unemotional blonde girl tropes that make all similar yuri manga so tedious and worthless.
There is nothing profound about either character or about this manga. This is nothing more than an author who is checking all the boxes their publisher told them sold yuri manga in the past.

Dex-chan lover
@Daviot

Marking that as a spoiler was absurd. What plot point of the manga was revealed? What is revealed in my comment is no more than that there is a general difference between a character in the manga and the corresponding character in the light novel. Woo.

what is with this hangup from westeners about hair color and personality, doesn't it make sense in a country where the vast majority are born with black hair that dyed hair requires some form of rebellious personality? seems like a stupid thing to get upset over when you don't even know their culture.

Double-page supporter
@birdsbirds Don't even try, @Pachka84 is a well known crackpot. They literally see the entire world in terms of dark or light hair color, taking offense to every little slight towards the former (presumably their) hair color. This is despite the complete insensitivity towards Japanese culture as you have stated, as well as that being offended by a hair color stereotype from another culture is absolutely ridiculous. As far as I've encountered the very notion of identifying as a certain hair colored person only arises in two contexts: juvenile blond/ginger jokes, and Pachka's comments.

😔 the weirdness of ...
wearing china dress just because shima thought it was cute..the heck with that..
if i were Shimamura,ill gonna be uncomfortable as well..xD

Fed-Kun's army
“you need permission to soil me with your disgusting hands, peasant!” oh don’t mind me, just having delusions of adachi being a masochist.

pg. 13: "I'll let you know beforehand" <- haha, unintentional pun? Pretty sure that pun only exists in English, but I wonder if the translator intended for that :p

Users who are viewing this thread