Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Killing Magic

Damn that demon sorcerer looked pretty damn cool. Too bad he died pretty easily... Was hoping for a tad more considering he was deemed “too powerful to kill” but I guess that was 80 years ago and a swift death was something I shoulda seen coming.

Fed-Kun's army
The hero was a really great person that everyone seems to have loved.
Also the advances of magic in 80 years really mirrors our advancement in warfare.
The fact that qual analyzed a magic in few seconds even tho it was developed decades after he was sealed really showed how utterly powerful he is

Dex-chan lover
Oh, magic advancing! You don't see that in most fantasy stories, the oldest magic is usually the most powerful. Usually cause they're, consciously or not, inspired by Tolkien where the older ages were ones of magic while as time advances it goes away. No wonder Frieren still finds magic interesting, even as an elf. It's changing at breakneck speed as far as she's concerned.

This is something special. I hope it's popular in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
I love the relationship between the elf and her apprentice. She treats her almost like a daughter at this point. It's really cute.

Fed-Kun's army
Even though this chapter suprisingly had nothing too sad happen in it I still have an anxious feeling about what's gonna be happening next...

Also the priest's a true gentleman offering to show his underwear to the hero

Ok so Himmel is a big ole perv but rip king I love that guy. Frieren’s the best man the character development is just the most endearing thing

Double-page supporter
@Gigz

Like they said, all of the worlds sorcerers studied his magic, poor fella awoke to two arch magus's fully prepared to counter and kill him. With no time to go into his second phase he never got to reveal his deck of tricks.

Dex-chan lover
Might be interesting to have a demon companion though

And old bald hero sure have some sharp eye

Dex-chan lover
@Cyro11
I’d say it’s less that and more it being obvious in retrospect how the defense magic works in relation to his Soul Track. Like when you chastise yourself for not thinking of something so oblivious after having the solution shown to you. It’s not that the defense magic is all that more complicated compared to his own, after all; it’s what was developed naturally after his Soul Track became the standard and its design would be a reflection of it, being a direct reaction.

Dex-chan lover
"Größe Forest" = "Size Forest". Strange name to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread