Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san

Dex-chan lover
Cute vampire girl is cute. Some actual romantic development would be cute too, but I guess you can't have everything.

Dex-chan lover
This series is as close as it gets to a Kafuu Chino x Oomiya Shinobu crossover.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Mummi, I can't sleep, there's a loli vampire in my coffin. :<

Dex-chan lover
Why doesn't this have the Shoujo Ai tag? It's obvious from the first chapter alone that this is a yuri manga.

EDIT:

I have too much free time on my hands and a tendency to get worked up over minor things so in order to prove my point I'm going to go over the first chapter and list which pages have "hints" of yuri, (note there are 12 pages, I'm not counting the cover). At the end of it I will list which characters act with romantic intentions and which don't as well as how many instances of yuri stuff there is relative to the page count :

Page 1: The very first page features Akari fantasising about Sophie licking blood off her finger and being excited at the prospect complete with an excited unsound effect, she is visibly disappointed when no such thing happens.
Yuri stuff: 1
Named yuri characters: 1 of 2

Page 2: There are two 4-koma here, the one on the right has the introduction of Akari's friend Hinata. In the 4-koma, her two as of yet unnamed friends point out how close the two of them are, Akari quickly gives a short list of the things she likes about Hinata, Hinata describes in a long rambling fashion all the things she likes about Akari in a large speech bubble approximately taking a third of the panel and with indications she has more to say on the matter, among the listed things she likes are Akari's three sizes (bust, waist, and hip measurements) and her choice in sleep wear. The unnamed friends rightly point out how weird it is that she knows that much complete with a sweatdrop.
The left 4-koma introduces Sophie's friend Erie. In this 4-koma Akari wakes up to find that Erie is visiting, Erie realises it's getting late (Early?) and asks to stay the night (Day?) she also immediately suggests sleeping in the same coffin as Sophie which Sophie opposes but in the end they all snuggle together in the coffin including Akari despite having just woken up and clearly having her own bed
Yuri stuff: 3
Named yuri characters: 3 of 4

Page 5: No hints of yuri on this page but a new character is introduced, Mori.
Yuri stuff: 3
Named yuri characters: 3 of 5

Page 6: The left 4-koma involves Akari describing how beautiful and doll-like Sophie is and than proceeding to badger her with requests to pat her head, do her hair, dress her up, and take her home with her, a memetic reaction to cute things originating in Higurashi: When They Cry. Normally I would write this off as just Akari displaying her clear love of dolls but Akari is visibly drooling at the prospect which is not what I would call a normal reaction.
Yuri stuff: 4

Page 7: The right 4-koma features Akari asking to stay the night and Sophie pointing out how obviously dangerous it is to stay the night with a vampire to which Akari responds by saying that having her blood sucked by someone like Sophie would be an honour.
The left 4-koma gives important context to how sucking blood is viewed in universe.
Sophie says it's time for her to eat and Akari fantasises about Sophie sucking her blood, her imagined scenario involves Akari being partially undressed, blushing, and possibly moaning while Sophie prepares to drink. Notably this panel features them symbolically surrounded by lilies which is where the term yuri comes from and which are heavily associated with the yuri genre. Back in reality Akari begins unbuttoning her blouse suggestively and saying she doesn't mind Sophie sucking her blood, however Sophie has no intention of sucking her blood because "It makes me look like a pervert..." There are three important conclusions to draw from this 4-koma 1: both Akari and Sophie view drinking blood in a sexual light. 2: That one of the main characters of the manga wants the other main character to drink her blood. And 3: Akari is into some weird shit.
Yuri stuff: 5

Page 9: I won't actually add this to the counter but I think it's worth pointing out that Sophie has a moe dakimakura in her coffin.

Page 11: Sophie again questions Akaris complete lack of fear of Sophie but Akari responds by saying when they first met Sophie saved her so she can't possibly be a bad person, (a classic meet cute scenario but I'll let it slide) and asks if she can continue to visit with Sophie, Sophie, embarrassed tells Akari to do as she wishes but Akari excitedly interprets it as a go-ahead to do things such as giving her twin-tails, patting her head, and taking a bath together

Final Yuri count: 6 Yuri gags in a twelve page chapter (50%!) possibly 7 if you count the dakimakura.
Yuri characters: 3 (Akari, Erie, and Hinata) Non-yuri characters: 2 (Mori, and Sophie).

In conclusion in the first chapter alone, at least half of the content has yuri conotations and should be tagged as such. Believe it or not I'm actually not really a fan of yuri and that's part of the problem here, I just feel that the tagging system is utterly pointless if a manga is mistagged. Perhaps they should add a sort of "Light Shoujo Ai" tag but until then it should be tagged Shoujo Ai. I will try to get in touch with the moderators in order to fix this.

no actual development in the relationship.
just cute girls doing cute things.
need more yuri.
btw, the anime has a lot of uninspired original content.Basically, just a lot of bland stuff and nothing happening at all.
the only fun parts are the ones they adapt from the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Now we skip entires volumes because someone feel like upload randomly chapter he like.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

That upload has been removed.

The scanlator has deliberately spoiled some series, though he also posts scanlations that seem to be for ordinary purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread