Kuutei Dragons

Double-page supporter
I am so grateful to see an English scanlation. I hope that further chapters will become available.
The styling and characters really remind me of some of Miyazaki's work, by the way.

This manga is very pleasant to read. High quality story and its interesting to watch the lives of these people.

Double-page supporter
This story really screams Ghibli, I wonder if there will be romance in story later on.

Dex-chan lover
For general information, this manga was DROPPED in english.
If you want to read more you have to buy the official release.

Double-page supporter
Panino: Thank you for the definitive answer on the English-language scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
The manga is licensed in the USA, but the scans are not from official release, so they're allowing even in english.
I don't see a problem in having the few translated chapters here, I may actually help the official release giving some a preview of what it is about. Me for example will import this manga in the first opportunity I have.

All this manga makes me think of is "FUCK YOU WHERU ANDO DORPHIN ANDO DORAGON". In other words, the Japanese seem to have a fun predatory attitude towards their food that sometimes borders on the callous, buy if Moby Dick is to be taken even a little bit as a historical account, that applies to all whalers.

Contributor
I'm a bit uncomfortable with the parallels that can be drawn between this and whaling.

Contributor
Wow, this is actually pretty great. I'm surprised it's only gotten six chapters translated, considering how it's high-quality and there are at least four volumes out th-

>Licensed by Kodansha

Ah. This may actually push me to actually buy a tankobon.

@Wolvenworks. I don't actually know. After the origional group dropped the series I purchased them for myself but didn't feel like dealing with making the scans myself. I found random downloads in various places over the last several months. Not any of them were from an actual group as far as I could tell. I probably shoud of used the Unknown tag but didn't want to take credit if they came forward later.

These look like official pages to me. Might want to take em down before you get in hot water

edit: these definitely are official pages

How can you tell? Which ones are? I'd be happy to take them down if I need to.

Edit: Realised all but 1 chapter from vol. 4 had a logo. I deleted them. My bad it was an oversight. The others dont have logos so I dont know if I should do anything. I'll leave them up till I get asked to remove them.

Dex-chan lover
@Gandalfs_Beard preety much all of them? the font gave it away; don't think any scanlation groups used that font. most that i knew used Wild Words, and newbies tend to fall for Arial or something.

yes i have seen official pages. on another site though.

nowadays almost all scanlation groups have some sort of credits somewhere. people crave for recognition.

Users who are viewing this thread