Why no Devil Survivor anime?

Dex-chan lover
Yesterday, I started playing Devil Survivor again.
"Why tf there's no Decil Survivor 1 anime, why skipped it to Devil Survivor 2!?"
It's always been on my mind since the anime came out on 2013.
Even tho there's already a complete manga
(8 volumes, already has official English translation. If you want to read it, search it at other manga websites)
https://mangadex.org/title/6247

If you played both Devil survivor, which one is your favourite?
If you only watched Devil Survivor 2 anime, do you want to see the first one?
Is Devil Survivor too late for an anime adaptation? (They use NDS, instead of cellphones)
Both of them are standalone stories.
(The protagonist's headphone is already an easy anime merchandise)

Edit: Anyone know any article or interview on why they skipped to 2?
Edit 2: Already bought all 8 volumes locally last year, but sadly there aren't any omakes....

Contributor
I really liked the game, but never saw the anime.

From my experiences with game -> anime adaptations... I uhmm am not sure if I want to watch it...

Ooh so that's why it wasn't translated! Now I can finally finish it! Thanks for saying that! It only took me 7 years to know

Dex-chan lover
@Pika It's not the worst game to anime adaption, but it isn't good either. Although, the Persona 4 anime adaption is great; so is the Tales of Zestiria one. I'd watch those if you haven't.

Dex-chan lover
Devil Survivor already has VAs from that 3DS game (both English and Japanese)
I think DS 1 has a better story than DS 2
I wanna see best girls in the anime!!!

Contributor
@KatoShuu
Aah, I also think that ds1 was better than ds2, when the anime came out I was confused why it was not ds1 that got the anime treatment.
iirc the characters in ds1 were more fleshed out? It has been really long ago for me, so I can't say for sure.

@Greenfrost
I think I plan on playing persona4 since there's a steam version out now my lagtop probably can't handle it tho...

Dex-chan lover
I heard Danganronpa 2 is better then Danganronpa 1, but why did they skipped to Danganronpa 3 Despair, Future, and Hope
Is it because it's better to play the game, rather make an anime adaptation of Danganronpa 2?
I wonder how anime watcher felt about it, confused?
I never played both games only read some chapters of the manga. I saw some youtube thumbnails, twitter and tumblr posts, so I got spoiled a bit -_-
Like, they're in a simulation, fk spoilers

Dex-chan lover
@KatoShuu
well, danganronpa(1) the animation is supposed to introduce the franchise to (non-player) public. but it didn't get enough attention and approval from the fanbase, in other word a failure

Danganronpa (2) Goodbye Despair
introduce the senpai of the first danganronpa, and what happen to them in the virtual world
, is more like a side arc story, happen in the same chronologic time in danganronpa 1, with diffrent place, diffrent characters.

Danganronpa Kibougamine Gakuen Hope and Despair (3) animation cover the backstory and the settlement of the entire problem from Junko enoshima. thus, this help the game-player and anime-only fan to grasp the story better, despite they playing DR2 or not.

danganronpa story-gameplay isn't really that well served in anime format, seems like they want the anime-only fan to try their game for maximum zetsubou experience.

p.s Danganronpa v3 (last game) is the best of them

Dex-chan lover
Another game to anime adaption I like is Tower of Druaga. The characters were pretty likable, and it was entertaining. The (anime) Sonic The Hedgehog movie was fun, too. Then, going way back, the Mega Man Japanese/American collaboration anime was good; although I watched it as a kid, so it could actually be terrible for all I know.

Anyone else see that Dragon Quest movie on Netflix? I was scrolling through the usually garbage, then I was like, "WHAT!?". Like, when did this happen!? I think it's American, though. And, it sucks.

Dex-chan lover
@bejad007
danganronpa story-gameplay isn't really that well served in anime format, seems like they want the anime-only fan to try their game for maximum zetsubou experience.
Welp, already spoiled myself a bit :p

@Greenfrost
Anyone else see that Dragon Quest movie on Netflix?
You mean "DQ Your Story" or something? Never have I ever played DQ games lol. So, how's the movie?
"DQ Your Story" I imagined it like that "Black Mirror" on Netflix, where you can choose (also never watched it lol)

Dex-chan lover
@Katoshuu

It's just Dragon Quest V with a twist at the end. I wouldn't watch it, as I can't imagine anyone following the plot, if they've never played the game. The movies pacing is incredibly fast, and it skips the child years entirely. There isn't anywhere near enough time showing characters bonding. The movie just tells you what everyones relation to each other is, instead of showing it; because it expects you to already know everything about the plot, which I did, but others who didn't play the game may not.

Users who are viewing this thread