Temple of the Dragon King

Double-page supporter
Mangadex.. why is there such a disparity between the blue star and the mean of all ratings...
if the Bayeasian rating is just this out of touch with the community why is it in such a prominent spot

@MolaCola https://www.reddit.com/r/mangadex/comments/bajh80/so_what_is_a_bayesian_rating_how_does_it_work/ gives a good explanation.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

But a word salad description that makes zero sense is usually a pretty good indicator of confusing garbage.

This is one of those times.

I'm hardly gonna dunk on the translators for this, the premise itself is just imbecilic.
So apparently the MC and his mom were homeless for some unexplained reason, and this pink haired chick who is neither of the people in the above 'cover' saved them, and he I guess married her/got adopted into a rich family? And he simultaneously became some crime lord king of the underworld, which he keeps a secret from his wife and her rich family that owns a huge company that does... company things apparently, and is run by a wickedly cranky grandmother who likes giant cheap looking plants rather than small antique bowls as birthday gifts. And then the rich family acts like fuckers to the MC and his wife. So yeah. That's a hard nope. Droptacular.

Yeah, no. Pretty fucking awful the further along it goes,
especially once the police officer is introduced and has an affair with MC.

The characters' relationships with one another make little-to-no sense: how are the MC and the pink-haired girl even married when she knows jack about him and it seems more one-sided than anything else? How did he even hide all of his criminal activities? And what the fuck is with the MC saying he loves his wife a lot,
only to then have a fucking affair? Where did that shit even come from? Oh, right, aPhroDisiAC! I mean, fuck, if you are gonna have the main selling point be that MC is loyal to his wife and deifies her, fucking stick to it. Or if you're trying to subvert it, at least make it believable and logical

Translation doesn't do it any good either - it's bearable, but not great or anything.

It was your average manhua at first, y'know - 5/10, maybe 4.5/10. But the further you progress, the more it drops in quality (like most manhuas do, to be fair). 3.5/10, I'd say - not "very bad" per se, but definitely worse than "bad."

Users who are viewing this thread