Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Mage's Secret

Dex-chan lover
Had a feeling that she’s still not mature by elf standards.
Hopefully she’ll meet up with Eisen and see how he’s holding up. Maybe get a dwarf to tag along with them.

Aggregator gang
What I like most is that Frieren stays true to herself at the same time she tries to be better. Even if she forgets about it, she is honest about it and attempts to rectify it even if she doesn't understand. She's really different as a protagonist and I like it. She's also completely different from the elf, twin tail, shot flat girl stereotypes.

She is funny too and so is the apprentice's stalking and mild tsukkomi

The dwarf's favourite food is sour grapes and she learned how to turn grapes sour with magic in a previous chapter.

bISzlQK.jpg

Hopefully means he's still alive.

Dex-chan lover
It's weeeeeekly?!!! Wow, that's nice!!!
Well, even if they lost half a year in forest with flowers and squirrels, she is only 16. Okay, good.
I like how it's explained why she learned this magic to make grapes sour. Those peculiar little details.
How she is surprised that humans can learn her tastes in just a few years. No can do for this slowpoke elf. It took her ~75 years to return flower wreath to Himmel. I imagine her shock if she occasionally understands that Himmel loved her.

Fantasy punks were hilarious. Wild appearance, lol.
Oh...they have drug that melts clothes. I bet they extract it from those slimes...

As I read, my mind automatically replaces "corrupt priest" -> "drunkard priest"

Dex-chan lover
Ok, this helped a lot on the age of Fern. I was getting a bit confused there on how old she was.

@nomadicengi I'm betting at some point it's going to jump back or jump ahead 1000ish years to the previous/next demon lord fight and she will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread