What kind of girls do you like, Tsuji-kun? - Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
ah, wing man, but the one where they curse the pair for being annoyingly not admitting their feeling

Dex-chan lover
@throughstars I'm not sure I can explain well (or if it's the correct one), but Miyazono has the kanji for garden in it. Tsutsuji is the word for azalea. Maybe it has something to do with that

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh, maiden problems.
I guess this man is jealous that no girl likes him so much

UPD @Hasya she wrote her maiden name and her future name when she becomes his wife, right?

Power Uploader
@throughstars If she gets married to Tsuji she gets his surname. thats what she wrote down both their names as husband and wife

@VINT64 Her current name is "Miyazono Unknown" if she marries "Tsuji Tsutsuji" after marriage her surname/family name changes to his becoming "Miyazono Tsutsuji"
In the paper she wrote her name and her cursh's name

Dex-chan lover
@Hasya but her current name is "Myazono Tsutsuji", it's in the box with arrow in this chapter. And Tsuji-kun's name is unknown. Or I don't know something? Japanese have "surname name" order

@throughstars, @VINT64
Based on the raws, her name is Miyazono Tsutsuji (宮園つつじ, with Miyazono as her surname), and his name is just Tsuji (つじ). In this chapter at least, we don't have kanji for his name (and in the Twitter hashtag also the author only used hiragana for his name). The kanji for Miyazono's surname are "palace" and "garden/park." Like @Sanctuario said, つつじ means "azalea," and given the meaning of the surname, I think that's the most likely reading. However, there are multiple different meanings the name could have, depending on the kanji. Likewise, there are many different possibilities for the name Tsuji. The only Japanese word I could find for Tsuji means "intersection, street," and most of the kanji used for the various names have some street-related meaning.

On the paper, Miyazono wrote 宮園 つつじ and つじ つつじ, her current name and her given name with Tsuji-kun's surname. As far as I can tell, Miyazono is embarrassed/anxious about her name becoming つじ つつじ if she does marry Tsuji-kun — most likely because of the repetition (made obvious by the lack of kanji), rather than because of a pun. (But the Japanese love their puns, so maybe there is something there that I'll discover once I have a few more years of study under my belt.)

@Cacia Woow Thank you for this insight! Your explanation is very clear. Now, I understand why she's feeling anxious.

Anyway, I hope you'll succeed with your studies.

Dex-chan lover
@Cacia thanks. You confirmed my thoughts. Because I started to worry that I am an idiot, because of Hasya.
Oregairu-style repetition, kek

Users who are viewing this thread