Movies or shows that manage to piss you off despite being good.

Dex-chan lover
Just finished rewatching Law Abiding Citizen and this movie always pisses me off despite the fact I find it quite good.
Fucking prosecutor should have died man.
Anyways what about yall anything you remember that always manages to piss you off despite the fact you find it good?

Group Leader
5 cm meter per second. This is a great movie, but i am pissed off by the character in this movie, they're accepting the truth, even though they want to be together again. It's pissed me off, but its good for them.

edit : It's good for them they're keep moving foward, and make a new "Family"

The Theory of Everything

I was expecting a mind-boggling enlightenment about the world, but I guess a biography film is nice, too.
Overwhelmed and inspired by the love between the main characters and their struggles, I was made to believe that this is one of those that define love knows no boundaries.
My hopes and expectations on their love reached beyond heaven until near the end, only to find that this love's too hard to come true, too. And I was again reminded that nothing really lasts forever.

The Pianist

I really liked this film. It's so transparent.
No judgement, no bias (at least in my opinion), it's just a film telling a human experience/story. And of course, superb acting.
And yet again, my expectations of a happy ending for every person who made a good deed just failed me.
I hoped he would be saved or maybe I hoped he would die peacefully after his attainment of happiness.
But no, war does not pick favorites.

Dex-chan lover
"Vertigo" would be my indisputable choice for best Hitchcock movie if it wasn't for that goofy-ass ending. What the hell was that all about?

jak

Contributor
La La Land

If you've seen it, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Dex-chan lover
Some of the best works of art know how to piss you off in the right ways.

Like I detest Ayn Rand (except for the Rush songs based off of her work) but I still appreciate the craftsmanship of her work and the artistry that goes into it.

One of my favorite parts of Invisible Man, has the main character (who is black) gets kicked out of college for showing Mr. Norton, a white patron for his all-black college, what life is really like for them by showing them the case of Jim Trueblood who impregnated his own daughter on accident and the poor conditions of the WWI veterans in a bar/brothel called "The Golden Day." Both of these were accidents. The administrator of the college, Dr. Bledsoe, is also black and gives him a letter to help him get a job in the North.

Eventually weeks pass in Harlem and he can't seem to get any work and he's running low on funds, when the son of one of the men who Dr Bledsoe recommends to him shows him what the letter actually says:

"To whom it may concern:

Keep this N****r boy runnin'."

One of the main themes of Invisible Man is absurdism and how the main character seeks answers in life from various people but all of them are false, contradictory and only seek to further their own ends in the world. But damn is that line powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread