Due to Covid-19, Japan Teens Pregancy Raised.

Group Leader
What a move to raise population by Japan (Jokes aside). https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/closed-schools-raise-teen-pregnancy-risks-in-japan-hospital-says

I can't believed it's only
75 ppl and raised the percentage to 29% compared to last year April.
Japan sure does a Developed country.

wdy think, is it a good thing or a bad thing, since Japan's population and birth rate is low ? ( I dont take an argument, i just want to see your opinion ). And they do sex education in scholl right ?

edit :
is it Increase or Raise ? i am confused by english word sometimes. R.I.P my grammar

First of all, it's increase, not raise (this applies to wages and such or poker). Edit: forgot the raise your kids, in the context of upbringing...

Second, even though first was the reason I replied, as my knowledge of japanese society may be biased by what I see on documentaries and such, from the pov of the country is great, from a societal pov it might not be that great.

As this is not a debate, i won't elaborate further.

Group Leader
@draconeo Thanks for your correction, i need to learn more english.

It's okay i just want to see your opinion about Japan's society condition anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Saw this coming. (No pun intended)

But if you confine a bunch of people to their houses, or if you have couples that are cohabitation, chances are there will be a few more babies popped out than usual during Quarantine. Though, that's probably only for cohabiting couples who are young.

Dex-chan lover
I've heard animals feel an urge to reproduce when their life is in danger.

Group Leader
"What a move to increase population by Japan."
"Japan sure is a developed country." Not sure what you meant by this, though.

Japan has only been under quarantine for how long? About 2 months? I think they've only started enforcing it recently. It's too soon to make this kind of conclusion. The numbers they provided is not that impressive, either. And this is the number of consultations, but actual pregnancies. Who thought it was a good idea to write an article about this...? I'm also not in favor of teens having sex, but if they're gonna do it, make sure they use protective measures.

If I recall correctly, this website has somewhat of a reputation for writing clickbait-ish articles. Not that the comments are any entertaining, either. All in all, just a lame article.

Edit: I also think the whole low birthrate in Japan is blown out of proportion. It might be a bit difficult for them when the population starts shrinking, but it will be okay eventually. For a country their size, the population is quite high. They don't need to have the best economy or whatsoever. Just have a small population but everyone be happy, like Denmark or Luxembourg. Look at South Korea. They have a great economy, but at what costs? I don't mean to have a meh economy, but just have a decent one with a healthy population. That's how I'd love to run my own country.

Group Leader
@Mr_Detective my bad dude, and yeah i know about the click bait issues back then.

"Japan sure is a developed country." Not sure what you meant by this, though.
I compare Japan's condition with my country. It's my own perspective. I dont take any argument, so it's okay to spill out your opinion about them.

Also it's my fault, i have a problem with a grammar, so if it's look unnatural or something horrendous you can criticize me.

i don't want to devalue information without doing any research but considering the measures for Covid-19 prevention and articles talking about the increase of Japanses youth suicides https://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0006554061 while also considering the Japanese youth looking for jobs outside the city https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200517_13/

the validity of that seems a bit farfetch'd while also funny to read

Dex-chan lover
So Covid-19 was another of the Japanese Government plans to have their people make more children?

Group Leader
Frankly I don't see how children having children could ever be a good thing. Not to say they can't be good parents, or that they shouldn't have/raise the child, or that they've ruined their lives, it's just that it does change your life forever and it does limit certain options for them (at least until later in life).
I wouldn't really suggest teen pregnancy being the solution to Japan's birthrate personally lol. But then again, I also don't think pressuring grown adults who don't want kids into having them just for the sake of population increase is a good call either. I haven't done much research on the subject, but from what I do understand is that the real solution is for the culture as a whole to acknowledge family over work. Sounds to me like many Japanese people just feel like they work too much to be able to afford/spend time with their families because the obligation and inflation of work relationships often outweigh familiar relationships.

Welp, that's just happend. Its not a good thing nor a bad thing, i guess.

It doesnt mean i insult japan gov for their work for birthrate and everything that involve population. They have tried their best to reach the peak with all Human Resource they had, and man that's not bad at all.

Also i am proud with their Hikikomori Rehab and Elder Rehab community.

Dex-chan lover
Does it fix the birth rate decline?
If not, well.. I guess that only proves that there are still healthy young generation in Japan despite the country having birth declines.

Double-page supporter
I'd say this is the worst possible time to get knocked up... Especially if you're a teenager who depends on her parents.

And Japan may seem like a developed country, but they're still really behind in some aspects, particularly women's rights and needs.

@ElBichoRaro arent all the country have that problem to, i mean every country have the same problrm at human's rights, they're just dont know yet the perfect solution for that problem, and having a solution to decrease a crime rate at human's rights is good enough.

I agree with you and i am just pointing something out, so, i am cool if you can criticize me.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
If it wasn't TEEN pregnancy, it would be fine, but everytime i hear teen pregnancy, i can only think of bad results, i'm biased because my country has a problem with teen pregnancy, of course, it's inevitable, the probability is there and it will happen at some point, especially now.

Other than that, doujins when? "There's a pandemic outside, so let's have sex!"

Users who are viewing this thread