Tenshoku no Shinden o Hirakimashita

Dex-chan lover
Now that i think about it, the other manga where the mc could swap jobs hasn't been updated in a while, the one where he's jobless but not rly lol

... I'm going by what I saw in the first chapter. I think the pacing is too fast? It sort of gave me a whiplash (also made me want to skim it but I didn't). Maybe this is one of those stories where they write about the present time then have flashbacks? I don't want to judge too fast so I'm going to give it a shot. It does have potential and I am very curious about what the author plans to do.

Aha. The Villager occupation finally getting exposure. Heard it’s a pretty demanding job, but has good wages. You need to graduate from Tokyo U to land a job like this.

Ngl this shit boring asf, hella talking no action. I like isekai, but this ones ultra boring

the cover for this manga scammed me
it's not good or bad
it's just plain story so far
3/10 for now

This is a okay story, but it kinda just skipped over the build up of his ability that I usually enjoy in isekai. I'm interested still to see how it ends up, but it feels like the author got impatient and didn't want to lay out a foundation.

As of chapter 3, this seems to be leading up to some sort of payoff as of chapter 15ish maybe some big plot twist or scheme. Jumping straight into things starting on chapter 1 was jarring but being completely honest most of that starting isekai stuff was kinda boring, like a tutorial in a game genre I've played a ton of: just mash through the tutorial to get to the actual thing. When I think of it like that, I can already piece the story together well enough to not care that it was skipped over, but I'll type it out for those that might not be able to, please choose one in each category:

(Protagonist) Regular joe schmoe guy; loser neet; popular guy
(Event) Dies due in unusual circumstances; gets summoned by otherworldly entity; gets sent over by someone from his world; literally falls into a hole that leads to the plot; reincarnates as a resident of the new world
(Ability) Entity randomly or deliberately gives this OP ability; protag gets ability after arriving in some "inheritance" ritual from some dead/living OP dude; just randomly has the ability the moment he arrived in the world
(Current Objective) sAvE tEh wUrLd; get harem and mad puss; whatever he wants; not die

Summary: at this point in the isekai genre, the initiating factor that gets the plot rolling is really getting repetitive and, for me, just slows down the story and makes me wade through the same opening 5-10 chapters of """character development""" (OP ability learning) before the main conflict starts. It was a jarring, yet actually pleasant first few chapters as things are starting right away. Granted it's only chapter 3 so it still has plenty of time to become a dumpster fire, but at least I don't have to read 15 chapters to realize the story is definitely going nowhere. If it was actually important to the story, it would have been in it to begin with. Who knows? It might be a flashback or some BS, but clearly it's not important to the story right now

ATTENTION: this comes from a guy who reads way too many isekai. I get it, this is not friendly to people new to isekai genres, but tbh with how many of the damn things there are, it's not likely to somehow find its way into a straight newcomer. If it does, I'm sorry that you're not a fan, isekai manga's are not like this typically: this is an exception, not the standard. If you want recommendations to good ones, just ask and you shall receive.

I have garbage taste.

I don't know about the pacing. Maybe it's because of how the story progresses or the storytelling. It's kinda plain. Dialogs seem sometimes weird.

Rather than reading a story I feel like it's indifferent. "well yeah, this happens and after that this happens".
After reading the first 5 chapters I feel nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread