Murim Login - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Games like these have always been a huge pet-peeve of mine. They ask of you to make a choice, without really giving you a chance to make any actual educated, wise decisions, because you have no actual idea how the game is structured, and how the stats are going to play out.
I don't think I would actually be able to go through "Divinity: Original Sin"'s character-creation screen, if it wasn't for the fact I got the game with a friend. You're bombarded with 7+ different classes, almost 15 different types of stats, numerous types of skills to acquire and choose from down the line, and every allotted stat is permanent. The worst part about it, is that there're technically no "skill trees". There are no "classes". You can put a point into literally anything you want, any time you want. Which easily can create broken, unplayable characters. I.E: Made a bad choice? Restart the game.
lWOzGlI.png

And there's a shit ton of skill-based modifiers that are hidden, and more tabs to choose from.

It has come to a point, in which copying from build-guides has become second-nature. Spending a shit ton of time on trial-and-error, over the idea of "making a choice for your character", is nothing short of a frustrating waste of time.
A way the game the MC has logged into could've done it, would be to introduce each stat one-by-one (outside of common-sense), and show how they play, what do they interact with, what do they improve, etc. Then each player can make an educated guess what to pick, solely based on their preferences.
</rant on games lol>

Dex-chan lover
Yep totally agree. Hate games that don't tell you how much a stat-up effects damage or other abilities either. I play pso2 religiously on my Xbox one and none of the menus or skills in that game are fun to navigate. The skills don't really give you much idea of how much more damage you're gonna do and once they're inputted, they're permanent.

Aggregator gang
LOL well he guessed wrong that the system will always help him

I do not need charm or intelligence, just to survive.

Bruh, ever wonder why you stayed 3rd rate and disposable?

Aggregator gang
bruh MAX charm could convert the enemy into your cause XD

I was thinking if I was him, I'd start with intelligence to figure out which stats I should put the rest of the points into :p

Well he is the opposite of Jihan Han of The Gamer. While this guy invest most on outer body (Str + Agi), Jihan almost input all to intelligence LOL

Dex-chan lover
Oof, bad call just assuming INT and CHA are useless before knowing anything precise about the game. INT is often the most important stat, allowing you to gather and use information, receive more skill points and stat points per level up and so on. And CHA is often powerful as well, letting you receive and complete more quests and also allowing you to gather strong companions, expanding your combat strength geometrically, vs the arithmetic progression of leveling up.

put some points in INT first, you idiot. Even if you don't know what it does, putting some points can maybe allow you to see if there's a difference. If it doesn't make you smarter then fair enough pour the rest into AGI/STR/VIT to protect yourself.

Imagine if you could make your brain more useful with a better memory etc that easely. It wouldn't make you into a thinker, philosopher or anything but it could only be useful... just by adding stat points lol.

Users who are viewing this thread