Kuuki ga "Yomeru" Shinnyushain to Buaiso na Senpai no Hanashi (Web-comic) - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Why would you bring back calc trauma like that man.

Also, I feel like the explanation was a bit off.
I'd describe memory as being more like the number of ovens you have.

See, she may be able to get a lot of loaves ready, but she still needs to bake them. So the oven is where she 'stores' them till they're ready.

Or maybe shelves are better?

Dex-chan lover
Ohahaha, it's been a long time since I last touch any of calculus or real analysis material

Dex-chan lover
ironically that last one sounds like the easiest to answer.

Dex-chan lover
Memory isn't Storage Space... It's RAM.

I was waiting the whole chapter for him to say "MEMORY IS RAM!" -Moss

Dex-chan lover
500 GB memory is server-grade. Imagine selling your house to buy one and you barely could even run a server with that spec enough for one month.

Group Leader
@quagzlor
Also, I feel like the explanation was a bit off.

More than a little bit off. Expanding the workbench (RAM or hard drive space) will not appreciably increase the speed of production, only increasing the number of people (CPU speed) will appreciably increase the speed of production. The author seems to be lacking in computer knowledge.

Group Leader
@quagzlor @ch0si why would you store bread in the oven?
though tbf I'm not a computer geek so this kinda goes over my head lol

ALSO THIS ISN'T MEANT TO BE SUPER TECHNICAL CHILL AND ENJOY THE FLUFF PEOPLE
BVnt55O.png

Dex-chan lover
@potatofood

i know, hence why i mentioned shelves, which would be more apt.
so the bread is temporarily kept on a shelf, till sold to a customer.
otherwise, it's dumped at the end of the day (pc shutting down)

Group Leader
@quagzlor
from my understanding, it's easier to access loaves if they're on a workbench in the open rather in a closed shelf, just like memory and storage.

though the point of this chapter was not to teach anyone about actual computer knowledge or skills, it's just fluff that you really shouldn't be thinking too hard about.

Dex-chan lover
Misses take a long time compared to running the process (psec) so having more RAM to prevent going to disk (msec) wouldn't be so bad as well if she has barely any.

Dex-chan lover
@potatofood

but wouldn't the workbench be where you prep the loaves? i saw the work area as the CPU, the customer as the interface, shelf as memory and maybe the freezer as the hard drive.

it's just a fun thought exercise

Group Leader
@quagzlor you can leave loaves on the workbench lol
In her case, shino can leave it on the bench and go do something else instead of having to run to her shelf to get it, so technically it speeds it up but not appreciably.
You can freeze unbaked loaves after the first rise, but that's not the point.
The author's explanation, whether it's good or not is up to debate, works for me so I didn't bother altering it during the translation

Users who are viewing this thread