Tales of Scarlet Palace ~Legend of Shougyoku~

Group Leader
If anyone wants to pick the series up, I got two chaps worth of TL and the raws sitting around. Scan efforts fell through.

Edit: Link to RAW & TL.

I don't understand the harem order in these Mangas, did he already fathered children's from the harem, then why does he want an empress for? Please someone explain it to me

Fed-Kun's army
@hope2009

The harem doesn't mean the emperor has fathered the ladies in there. It's quite complicated & differ from each dynasty. Just now you saw the harem included the current emperor mother (the black hair one) & also the mother of the first prince which means the stepmom of the current emperor (the one harassing her)

Group Leader
@hope2009 this is based on the Chinese harem from around the Sui to Tang Dynasty. Think of the empress as the "leader" of the harem. A position that can be gained or lost. Technically the empress is the "official wife" but in general it's treated as a promotion for the concubines. For Bunrin's case, he just couldn't stand Shougyoku being under others, especially being harassed and bullied. So he made her the top dog just to stop them, and give her authority to stop them herself as well. Though I highly suspect he wanted this from the start, seeing as he couldn't stand leaving her as just a general, a decently high ranked military position.

Ah I get it so when he said
'I have 3 healthy princes' He meant it like- I don't need anymore heirs cos my dad sorted that part out for me?

Also thank you to the group who initially translated it! Really hope it gets picked up 😭😭😭

@MerriLee3s no with 3 kids we see in ch 2 its children he fathered hes saying after having birthed 3 sons he doesnt need to create more heirs. So after that he has no more need to have relations with his concubines.

Group Leader
@MerriLee3s the 3 kids are his sons, as in Bunrin's. Bunrin's own father took way too many women and made way too many kids. Bunrin didn't want a repeat of it, with the unstable condition of the empire.

I wouldn't have accepted. Yes it is true that as a general, she only has fame that she earned through battles and popularity of the masses. That is still much better than being an empress. She just gained a promotion at work but in her personal life, she lost a lot.

I would have helped him find a puppet empress so they both could use her to help the nations. It is gonna be fun but realistically speaking, he just put her in a bad position.

Dex-chan lover
@razxiko Chapter 3 is approved now. First upload a user does gets approved by mangadex. I did have to CTRL+F5 the page to make my browser load the chapter

Fed-Kun's army
This just reads so weird. I love the ancient Chinese setting but this just doesn't feel like it. It's more like a 70's or 80's sitcom. He's the Goofy emperor She's the incompetent empress that rather solve things with a sword, lets follow their wacky adventures

Users who are viewing this thread