How Do We Relationship?

so what exactly is this? I see it says it's a reimagining of the other series but what exactly does that mean? is it just retelling it or is it changing the story?

Dex-chan lover
To me, "bittersweet" isn't right for how I felt about the other version. More like pizza with a topping I hate . . . decent enough stuff for people who like that topping, but for me it leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth even though the cheese and the crust are fine.
I have hopes for this version though. I feel like the mangaka likes the characters more now.

Contributor
I liked the original, didn't find it to be bitter at all.

After all, love is hard. There's a lot of factors that go into a good relationship. Sometimes two people just don't click.

It's even harder when you've got a ~.1 multiplier on the number of potential partners. You might take the first chance you can get, and wind up with a bad match. It ended pretty well, all things considered. They weren't bad people, they still remained friends, and hey, they each got a wingwoman and a little bit of knowledge about themselves and eachother out of the bargain.

@Ghede oh, 100% I enjoyed the original as well and as far as relationships go it was realistic. When I agreed it was bittersweet and hoped it would change was just my preference and I would've liked to see them together but obviously like you said things don't always work out and there wasn't any unnecessary drama or bitter feelings between them so it was overall still good.

Gosh, sometimes I hope I wasn't as into men since this does look promising.

@Ghede interesting that you mention the pool, because as a bi guy I've had much more luck with men than women. I'm not sure why, but if I remember my medical studies correctly men tend to be less choosy than women (whether this is good or bad is another subject entirely). I've always been curious how the experience is for bi women, whether they notice the same differences or if it is entirely different for them.

Thinking about it I know one such girl, so might have to ask her someday. Though she's been in a relationship since forever so it could be rude haha.

The ending of original one shot was so good, I hope will be keeped. It's bittersweet but in the right way, and both gained a true friend, wingwoman and a new target to persue, so overall good.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this starts out very well so I hope it can keep that consistently. I try to read a lot of yuri/yaoi stuff but a lot of it definitely has problems so this one is pretty nice to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
I’m guessing by the comments that the One-shot ends with them breaking their relationship.
This is a really well-written and mature romance...pretty hard to find in manga, especially ones that can convey natural conversations and realistic thought-processes. Bonus points for being about college and sexuality
Though this does make me wonder, I get that Japan is more conservative and all that, but I imagine gay/bi people is a taboo that was broken a long time ago in college-life, so does it actually make sense their “so rare to find another not-straight friend, let’s date” mentality?

I think in the end both of them still breaking up like the oneshot

but i wish after the break up, miwa will move on (because she so head over heel for saeko) with her life and saeko will realise that there no other girl like miwa so she will try to win miwa again

Aggregator gang
@Gustbk Japanese people have general problems with making approved-by-the-society "normal" relationships, let alone about homosexual ones.

Double-page supporter
I have to be real here, the font style makes it super hard for me to read it. Probably because I just have problems reading anyway but I cant tell what's going on D:

Contributor
@Gustbk well more liberal spaces like college are the place where they would be most accepted, in fact they are in a double whammy for acceptance considering they're in a counter culture scene, rock music, it would still be a rather rare thing to find another open gay/ someone who you know is gay irl just due to their bias's and culture. Online comes to mind as a thing to dispute this but im just assuming the author meant relationships not made online.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope the dude that have crush on miwa wont turn rogue after their confession.

a52

soo fucking cute and so fucking gay. i love it and want more.

I'm really enjoying this series! I almost wish it was all here already, so I could binge-read it in one sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread