Boku ga Watashi ni Naru Tame ni - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Episode 8

Group Leader
Very good read. At 8 months of HRT, I do feel that I lost a bit of my strength, but it's not so bad yet. I have low expectations for HRT in general, and so I'm loving the effects so far. Also SRS is some scary shit, wow.

Also, nice Natsuki commission :)

Group Leader
@PatchouliKnowledge It sat abandoned for I think like 9 months, at which point I stumbled across it and decided "Nah, everyone needs to see more of this." I'm just glad I know enough Japanese to have made it work 😄

@milleniumbug God I'm so weak now. I've lost 40 pounds in my 9 months, and I think it was 100% muscle. I first realized how bad it was when I tried to go kayaking in the waterways of Osaka 1.5 months in. I was like "... Okay, I know I'm strong enough to do this, what the heck???" And I've only gotten weaker since lol. Also, yes it is :) I love her so much... Heck, I just love every girl that Kashii-sensei draws.

Thank you for translating this!

@kii-chan @millenniumbug saaaaame. Like the protagonist here, I can barely lift my shopping bags now.

Also, since it was mentioned in this chapter: I've done voice training and I have a good voice now, I rarely get clocked any more, but on the other hand on the few occasions I need to use my old voice I have to concentrate to find it again. So yeah, you tend to lose it over time.

Dex-chan lover
surprised nobody’s shown up in the comments yet to be all “I READ ALL 8 CHAPTERS AND HAVING DONE SO I WISH TO COMPLAIN THAT I HAVE DONE SO”

well, diregarding her GID, here comes a rude comment.

she's not as cute as she draws herself to be! i was kinda disappointed! you got my hopes up there!

Group Leader
@vicy1832
yeah, I looked her up too and noticed she does draw herself in a very different way than she actually looks, though I wouldnt say she's bad looking or anything. Honestly, my first thought though was that she "passes" rather well. It probably helps that the Japanese are typically more androgynous overall compared to some other races, but I do know for the trans community there are a lot of people who just have to accept (like she was saying in this chapter) that at best they'll just look like a masculine girl or a feminine boy. I know someone I went to high school with, I felt bad for her after she transitioned because she just had this very, VERY strong masculine jawline that no matter what she did she couldn't get to look "feminine" in any way. She said once that she knew she would always look like some sort of cross dresser, and never a true woman. I tried to joke with her though, than she's a true woman in the sense that no woman is ever fully confident in their looks, which she laughed at. Even I know the feeling to a certain degree as a cis woman. I'm large and curvy, big breasts, large hips, large thighs, when all I ever wanted to be was a small skinny girl. The fashion I love just doesn't work with curvy bodies, and it always made me sad that I would never look the way I wanted without major surgery, even if such a surgery were possible. So I can understand where trans people are coming from, its frustrating having to settle on your appearance especially when appearances are so damn important in this world no matter how much someone tries to claim they arent.

@DjAlexDubCheck
if you google the mangaka's name you'll pull up some images of her. I'm not like, bashing the other comment because frankly they're right, she does draw herself differently than she actually looks but idk, doesnt everyone? Why not draw yourself more to how you would like to look, especially if it's not possible? you know? It's a drawing after all, not a photo. Hell FMA's author draws herself as a cow does she not? lol

Group Leader
@shenesis
@poweranger11

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading 😊

Also, I'm not going to tag anyone because I don't want to drag this discussion out longer than it has to, but personally I think she's pretty cute. Idk I'd probably buy her dinner or something given the opportunity and permission. Then again, I'm a very sad and lonely lesbian so I'm probably not representative of how most people feel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Contributor
An interesting journey, though I am not sure I would read it again.
In any case, thank you for scanlating this story.

Aggregator gang
Kinda glad I waited for this to finish. Appreciated the translations for this, and I'm glad I enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread