Do you prefer Dub or The Original one ?

• Dub

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Original one

Votes: 131 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Group Leader
For some anime i like dub much more than the original..... because i feel like dub is more cool in my ear.

wdy think ? do you prefer dub or the original ?

Original is better 99% of the time... Always a few exceptions for me I prefered the dub of Outlaw Star / Cowboy Bebop / Tenchi Muyo...

Others from the 90's and early 00's when the dubbing companies were getting started and were not trying to shoehorn in what they do now...
Or them just trying to fill for time using memes and nonsense...

Check out the dub of this manga for a Prime example...

https://mangadex.org/title/15950/isekai-maou-to-shoukan-shoujo-dorei-majutsu

Original. With Subtitles

Because over here in the USA, if Funimation, Crunchyroll and Viz media and such want to play political games and screw Dub translation accuracy to be political why the hell would I pay for that?

I don't pay them to be a Political party, I don't pay them to intentionally screw up Japanese translations for politics and I most CERTAINLY don't pay them to Gatekeep what is acceptable and judge Japanese culture by American standards on some fake moral high ground like we're children.

Contributor
subdub.png

Only anime I regretted not watching as dub is 91 days. A bunch of Chicago people speaking Japanese was the exact opposite of immersive.

Dex-chan lover
Og with subs. The only ones i'll watch dubbed are pokemon and dbz.

I mostly watch in subs. There's some ones that don't just do well and get lost in translation especially shows with really heavy Japanese references.

However having grown up from the 90s and early 2000s with watching dubs on TV those shows have a special place in my heart and I just feel weird rewatching it in it's original format.

Speaking of shows with really heavy Japanese culture references, I have on exception and that is Bobobo of which I prefer the dub. It's just too Japanese for me that watching in sub shit just goes over my head, and this is with some knowledge of the language. I have a real love for the dub just bc the people who brought it to the west really thought cleverly with how to localize and still have the wacky weird humor it had.

for me personally subs are the best but when there is a funny moment i want to watch it in the dub version cause of the different voices which makes it more funnier

Italy dubs 3-4 anime a year, I always make sure to get the BDs (roughly 60€-80€ in a year are easy to save up) and see how it's the dub and it's always garbage.
It's a loop of hate because I keep buying anime because I hope they'll license and dub more anime but at the same time I get pissed off when the dub turns out to be made by amateurs when even the names are mispelt.
Yet I keep telling myself "maybe the next one will be good and they'll pick better dub directors and VAs."

So yeah, I voted for subs because dubs are just unbearable.

Watching them raw (OG Jp w/o subs) helps a bit with my language learning. If only they'd use standard Japanese more often

I can remember when I first realized that I can change the voice language in Awakening from English to Japanese. It sounded really weird... I was like, "Shut up, those are not your voices." I've always scorned dubs bu then i realized, maybe my ears just aren't used to these certain anime character speaking English or something, and I just need to get used to it.

If I'm not busy, I'd prefer the subs. Although most of the time the dub's the way to go so I don't have to look at the episode all the time.

Dex-chan lover
Subs in almost all cases, but there's a couple that have decent dubs (cowboy bebop comes to mind as a good example, and the original version of ghost stories was trash but the dub is hilarious)

Dex-chan lover
For Code Geass especially I sometime go to dubs. On one hand, the sub has Shirou and Kirei's voice, but on the other hand Dubs! Lelouch just sound so charismatic.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh I can't believe a bot just copied pasted my post I feel so violated.

Users who are viewing this thread