Detective Conan - Vol. 99 Ch. 1054 - The Strong One is...

Dex-chan lover
look I'm sure it's pretty obvious that she wanted that shogi piece

unless it's a plot twist

Burning tent case-Kuroda and Rumi sensei
Policewomen serial killer-Kuroda and amuro
Serial killer at the snowy hill-Wakita and amuro
Farm case-Amuro and Rumi sensei

The next case better have some Wakita development

So how long do we have to wait until RUM's identity revealed? 5 more years?

That's one of the dumbest ending he ever wrote. "Was it an illusion?" Dafuq was that.

The kickboxer vs boxer thing was pretty fun though.

About Rum, the big police chief guy is an obvious reference to Agatha Christie's Big Four. So that's my bet. Perhaps too obvious.
Another twist that may be too obvious is Rum is not a single person. But that would be lame.

Double-page supporter
Didn't Ai have some kind of black organization 6th sense in the past? If that's even remotely functional anymore then it shouldn't be the fake teacher. I mean, she's obviously someone suspicious (yet another foreign spy agent? Maybe actually an agent of a rival criminal org to the black organization?), but I don't think she's Rum.

Fed-Kun's army
@codetaku it's more likely she only had her sense with lower member, the highest she recognize is Gin and Vermouth, i don't think Rum would deal with Ai or her fellow scientist, it was Gin's job to monitoring them. This is just my personal opinion tho, looking at how Gin almost handle everything and not Rum despite he/she is in 2nd position below The Boss, strange.

@codetaku
Wasn't it established way back in the Mitsuhiko firefly case that her ability to "smell" other members has subdued? She couldn't smell a serial killer who was a member of the organization but without a codename, and so Conan cheered her up by saying that meant she's adjusting to a normal life?

Dex-chan lover
Will Gosho pull another Jodie/Vermouth red herring again, it'd be the exact same trick. Or will it be played straight this time and that Rumi is RUM.

Aggregator gang
That ending really surprised me when Rumi beat bourbon, and Aoyama-sensei never fails with those tricks

Overall nice case, I would love to see a case about boxing in the future.

Aggregator gang
There is no way in hell leaving the Bishop is by accident. Therefore, it was left there for someone: Conan, Amuro or Rumi.
Of the 3, Amuro did not know what the Bishop is or represented right away, and Conan is not directly related. Therefore, Rumi is most likely the intended recipient.
Ergo, if we accept that Rum killed Kohji, then Rumi can probably be eliminated as a suspect.
If I had to guess, Rumi is probably some sort of agent who became lovers with Kohji. Kohji found out about her secret identity, and hence jokingly asked if she'd kill him. Later, Kohji somehow died in her place or died saving her, which prompt "such a foolish guy."

As to why the Bishop was left behind, it is to taunt the intended recipient.

Of course, it's just a guess.

I Still don't like Rumi.... or more, I don't like what Sensei is doing with her... she's a copy paste of Eisuke purposeful clumsiness , so nothing interesting or new, in fact it just makes me angry ( I think I have a natural tendency to hate people/character that assume others are dumb enough to fall for cheap moves like that)
and then she's given way too many unnecessarily panels with her just dramatic glaring...
Honestly, perhaps Among all the characters, ( the Sushi guy and the Police Guy) she's the one I'm the least interested in knowing her background... somehow I don't have high hopes for her... I'm worried I'll just end up more disappointed than I already am

maybe I'm being too harsh on her, but oh well, time well tell

I think she's most likely to be Asaka. I mean her name is also hinted at that. I hope Gosho doesn't drag this too much so it becomes lame and boring. So her keeping that shogi piece must be to remind her about Haneda Kohji.

Just my thoughts, that Rum is Haneda Kouji himself, he faked his death, he disguises as Wakasa-sensei. He wanted the shogi piece so bad because it was the Haneda's lucky charm after all. But I still have no idea why Rum is wandering around, he is the number one, isn't him? He should've been monitoring everything somewhere. What's the BO really up to?

Double-page supporter
I'm don't know exactly who Rumi is, but I feel she's definitely not Rum now at this point. I don't see why the shogi piece would be so important to the BO. Although I'm not sure about the other two main suspects. Wakita has the least evidence, which would normally make him the most likely for this series, but he still seems kinda...random.

As for Ai's sixth sense, I don't think we can really rely on that here seeing as how her danger senses go off for Kuroda regardless

Users who are viewing this thread