MMORPG (Grinding edition)

Group Leader
Back then i am playing Luna Celestia just for grinding gold using Treasure Hunter at Nera Harbor and selling the item to npc, after i got enough gold trade the gold just for a cute costum ( i mean i alrd have good equipment, so whatever)......... i do really have a weird habit, playing game just for the cute thing...... even when i am playing RF Online i am tend to pick Cora as the class, just because they are cute. Man back then MMORPG is sure much much more fun, i hope someday there is a good MMORPG that i interested for.

Edit : what's your favorite MMORPG ?.

I remember playing Ragnarok Online a bunch when i was a kid, that one's probably my favorite. Later I kinda got into TERA but stopped after a while. Sadly there haven't been any interesting MMOs like these nowadays 😭

Group Leader
@ffsets sometimes i play on a private server, i have much more fun with a private server game, coz with a small community we had a great time to play together. Also there are tons of RO private server, you could play it for pvp.

I played WoW, then Aion, now I'm on FFXIV, yeah they are not Free to play, and Aion is a pay to win now ... but back in the day this one was really good 😅 Never found a better PvP since Aion 2.5 (lvl 50-55 max if I remember) and even now I'm not really enjoying FFXIV, it's fun but casual.
Gw2 sometimes, cause you know, it's free.

Edit : Well, my favorite would be Aion for sure, but only until 2.5-3.0 version

Everquest i have played many others but i can't keep from going back to it. Tho I only play the private servers now.

Fed-Kun's army
Played several MMOS, while most of them are browser based ones, they were so fun to play (especially that i didn't have that good of a hardware until 2011), then played Rappelz, Tera etc.

I miss good MMO days..

Dex-chan lover
Unexpectedly
no mention of Runescape yet,
a master of grind.

Granado Espada. but the European servers. (It has a much better group running it then the steam version)

Dex-chan lover
Played MapleStory after it was released like a year in SEA, shortly after the 1st anniversary. Played for 3 years and it sucked my entire high school life that I started doing bad in exams. Sucked wallet dry too to buy cute cosmetics for myself. Stopped playing after PC died or something, can't remember. Played Grand Fantasia afterwards, got pretty far in it until first acc got banned for most trivial reason (Aeria game LUL). Made second account and made even further in another newer server. Got so far that I was just waiting for new level cap and content. Never really played MMORPG afterwards.

Very first MMORPG I've ever played was Nostale. I liked the cute anime design and the battle system but progression was damn slow and lost the interest to play it. Same motivation loss story goes for Final Fantasy XIV.

3 years ago started with World of Warcraft
with the legion expansion. Wasn't worth to pay 13€ per month cause the progression was too fast for me, nothing to worth to invest time to grind and reached within 2 weeks up to level 90. Gave up after Antorus raid cause one boss was too difficult to handle for many times.

I am looking forward for the Europe release of PSO2 and Blue Protocol.

Dex-chan lover
I've played Ragnarok, RAN Online, and Runescape. Good times with RAN, since pretty much all the kids in my neighborhood were playing. Currently playing PSO2 JP, having a lot of fun.

Dex-chan lover
Fiesta Online was what introduced me to MMO's. It was Grindy as hell, and the level up progression was horrendous at certain stretches. Level 69 - 70 for example--had only ONE quest, that gave like what. . . 10-20% of the EXP you needed to level?

"How do you get the 80-90% rest of the EXP you needed?"

Grinding, baby! I have vivid memories of getting home from highschool just to immediately rush to my room, boot up my laptop, and grind for a few hours every day for a week or two. Worst part? The best place to grind was an "Abyss"--A PVP enabled area. Yeah, you lost a decent chunk of EXP if you died, so. . . It was rough. That sweet sweet level 60 was worth it though. Each base class got an upgrade at 20, 60, and then 100. The one at 60 added in some pretty sweet stuff, a gigantic glacier AOE for mages, an AOE heal and regen for Clerics, etc etc.

Met some people I obviously would have never interacted with otherwise on there too, still am in contact with some of them 10-11 years later to boot. IDK what changed over the last decade, but MMO's now adays have the same charm those earlier ones did. I could sit and relax in the beginner town, Roumen--for the rest of my god damn life if my friends that played the game back then were still around. We would explore the maps in search of cool places to sit and hang out. We'd see how far we could go at our current levels--we even made it to the level 60-80 town, Uruga, as level 30's back then! Was a perilous journey where any enemy we ran into would OHKO us, but we made it lmao.

It just isn't the same anymore. Which sucks. Most MMO's now adays cater to solo play--giving classes built in self heals and in some cases, completely remove the Healer role--I'm so vexed!

Group Leader
@Jeikob I was hoping someone would mention Fiesta, and you did xD I played Fiesta as well but I only got to level 70s. I remembered my goal was to be able to be a mage who could summon Skeletons, I thought it was a very cool skill haha But you get it until you are like level 100+

Dex-chan lover
@juanjuan I only got to the mid 80's myself. One of the two friends I made on there and had spent the most time with suddenly vanished, never to log on again. No matter how many times I would pop back in to see if her status on my friends list had updated. The other, had leveled way past us by that point, already hitting 100. I think I'm still level 86, if not 87. I would still love to go back and hit 100, but well. . . things are the worst theyve ever been for me right now.

Aggregator gang
My mmorpg right now is war frame we get free stuff from nice devs a lot and the only random roll shit we deal with are relics everything is just being a ninja and I mean that in the sense you take anything not bolted down with unique drill bits. And then crafting it into new gear. Rather grind friendly. Anyway my current money maker is using the relics to get weapon part sets to sell for plat our TRADABLE and at a REASONABLE EXHANG RATE with everything else PREMIUM currency. Surly shit ain’t at runescape gold levels of inflation

Runescape 2
Pre eoc

The sheer amount of noobs you could lure was so fun and made absolute bank.

Users who are viewing this thread