I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 7.5

Zoinks, scoob. That white-washing is pretty bad. Some editor or something didn't even read the plot synopsis before signing off on that.

Yeah the whitewashing is awful :/ the extras were super cute tho!! I love how doting the Demon Lord is lol

@DudesInCapes
It's whitewashing just in a different way. In the Novel Claudia gets white skin after some shenanigans with the Light Spirit King and it is the one part of the Novel I hate. So technically the cover is correct but it doesn't mean we can't dislike it

Dex-chan lover
Glad this ones back. Read the novel like I guess a year or two ago now? It's another relatively short 'Villainess' type novel, but it was pretty alright read.

Aggregator gang
is this white washing tho? maybe she had that thin Micheal Jackson had? i mean her skin was dark due to magic not genes

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah.. pretty much everyone who reads this series (novel or manga) hate the whitewashing, lol. XD

Aaaanyway.. the extras so cute tho.. 😭😭

He's mad cause later Claudia is going to get the "blessing" of the Light spirit king and her skin color will change. Then suddenly, everyone is going to say she's like a completely different person and other BS like "You're now 20% more beautiful" and other ignorant shit. Basically, the story is about to get incredibly racist.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Whitewashed almost as hard as Minecraft Steve merchandise, a bit of a yikes lol

Dex-chan lover
oh boy...here we go
I was hoping the manga would be more tasteful than the LN about skin colour but I guess Japan gonna Japan

Am I the only one concerned that we waited for 2mos just to read 2 pages of extra?? This kind of chapter should be considered bonus. 😭

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, so they're really gonna go "light skin is better." I think it's colorism rather than racism though. Either way, it's gross.

It might be because she gets blessed by the light spirit king dude, who made her white (if I remember correctly, so that she wouldn't be discriminated or in penance for something the heroine did )

Dex-chan lover
@mackowacko
It's part of the Japanese beauty standard. Not great, but I don't really think the author's intending to be disparaging, here - just accidentally so.

Not that it makes it any less stupid or terrible.

Group Leader
@Chailo that's cause it is a bonus. Chapter 8 just released a couple weeks ago. It was on break for a couple months for the volume release.

Users who are viewing this thread