Suashi no Meteorite

Ohhhh man! I loved this, it started off so... Fun, I mean it stayed fun all the way through but aaaaaaaaaahhhh. That was great, loved it.

I read over and over still can’t accept that there is meeting there is farewell. Still what a masterpiece even thought it was short but i get the message what writer want to say and try to tell. It’s was deep not all people gonna accept it.

Aggregator gang
WHAT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE
WHY TF DID IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT

H8m6Hwr.jpg
GupHucp.jpg

Double-page supporter
Suashi no Meteorite begins as an action comedy, but evolves into a nice small text of philosophy.

The manga sees Ariyuki, an average high schooler, get blessed with Darumiru, supposedly God. Over the course of tha manga, the two explore Ariyuki's wishes and meet others while battling an entity that seems to go after God.

Character development is good. Ariyuki improves himself as the story progresses, with hints of the climax beforehand. Darumiru becomes a cute character as the series progresses. By the end of the manga, every character has become a better person. The weakness is a lack of background development for Ariyuki. While his life is implied to be better by the manga's end, its never shown why his life before was particularly bad.

Romance in Suashi no Meteorite is small. It is not a plot driver of the story. The romance by the end is good, if never explored in depth.

Where Suashi no Meteorite excels is its philosophy. It argues that only when one confronts their inner demons can they truly succeed in life. The manga contrasts this with a life of hedonism or a life of pain. Darumiru, as a God, grants many wishes to Ariyuki. However, all these wishes are empty in that they distract him from his inner demons. Despite being able to wish for anything, he remains bound by his inner demons to sorrow and unhappiness beneath his outward appearance. Likewise, the antagonist of this series, the entity opposed to god, goes the other extreme. It offers a life of constant wallowing and misery in one's inner demons, using their continued existence as an excuse to free oneself from responsibilities for those around us. God and the entity are two sides of the same coin. Only by confronting one's inner demons by accepting them as a part of one's identity can one truly find a happiness God could never grant.

This thesis is supported by the story arc of every character. Those characters which rely solely on God, such as Kamikura, are never able to overcome their deep insecurities, holding them back as people. Those which turn towards the entity, such as The Doctor, also don't solve their insecurities. Only characters like Saika, which confront their inner demons, are able to find happiness. By the story's end, each character has not only improved themselves but also the lives of others around them, making for closer friendships in the process.

As a thesis, this may seem obvious. However, its not when applied to the real world, where life may find ways to mask this thesis. Through the multiple examples of average teenagers presented in this manga, identifying problems this thesis can help solve becomes easier. Likewise, the manga shows how people can still live normal lives even with inner demons inside them. The thesis argues that life can be more than just normal.

This, along with a very personal connection I have with the theme, makes it a personal favorite. It is a must-read for anyone who feels as if they keep running and running from a serious problem or fear.

8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread