MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Many of you may already know the news, some of you may not. MangaRock has finally, officially shut down and launched their new app, INKR. A lot of readers have expressed general unhappiness with the app and might be visiting MD for the very first time. To all the new people who are coming from MangaRock as well as users from other websites, welcome!

For a quick guide on how to use the basic features of our site, like changing the languages of the chapters you wanna see or the layout of the reader (such as longstrip webtoons, for example)... never fear, Bocchi is here! Read our tutorial manga "Bocchi-sensei! Teach me MangaDex!" and learn about all the options you can use to personalize the site to your liking.

If you're curious about our rules, can find them here: https://mangadex.org/rules, where you can find the do's and do not's of MangaDex.

1. Is MangaDex an official source of manga?
No, we're an unofficial manga aggregator. Our content is translated by fans, such as yourselves, and uploaded to the site. We generally don't host any official translations, just fan scanlations. The vast majority of scanlators upload here and the vast majority of chapters you've been reading on MangaRock and other aggregators were taken from MangaDex.

2. Does MangaDex make a profit?
No. MangaDex is an ad-free site that sustains itself entirely on user donations. All money goes entirely towards server costs, nothing else. You can find additional information on our server costs on our support page. At the moment, we take donations exclusively in the form of Bitcoin.

3. Does MangaDex have more content than other aggregators?
Mangadex is made by scanlators for scanlators and gives active groups complete control over their releases. This means while scan groups are free to upload their content to their site but they are also free to remove it. For this reason, you may not find certain series if the group has chosen to not upload to the site. Other aggregators have no qualms about the source of their content and there is no way to remove your content from other aggregators. Also, we don't allow scans of official releases, except when we receive explicit permission from the author or fall under our 2.1.1 rule about expired licenses.

4. Does MangaDex have an app?
No, but all of the site features, including reader, work perfectly in your mobile browser. If you use Android, consider looking into Tachiyomi or Neko if you are looking for a dedicated reader app. Note that MD does not officially endorse either app but we've worked with the developers in the past.

5. I'm from South East Asia and MangaDex is very slow.
Unfortunately the routing of our DDoS protection service isn't great in SEA, and as a result, you might experience slow loading, and this is on top of all the extra traffic from people in quarantine. You can mitigate this issue by using a VPN with a EU node, such as ProtonVPN, which is free.

And if you ever wanna chat with us or ask us any questions, every single one of our most staff members are available to shitpost. Available on Discord, Twitter or our forums.

Finally, don't forget that our latest contest, Spread the Love, is still ongoing! Make an entry and win some fabulous prizes!

Dex-chan lover
Welcome Refugees. Some other pointers.

Register, read the site rules and follow forum rules.
Use RSS for series or all your "Reading content". Big help to follow the 100's you might get hooked on.
In the forum use the chapter comments for chapter specific comments. Use the series comments for series question and comments.
Use the group ban function to hide a groups content. Warning there are some troll and snipping groups.
Use @ in front of a username to highlight a comment to them. They will get a notification on the top line of the main page to give notice.
Upload a ICON pic. Animated GIF's are allowed and fun.

Ask question(s) in the forums or series. Any question is likely to get an answer. Might not be what you expected, but an answer is likely.

I moved from MR to MD. Was coming for copper, it turns out i found gold!

Also beware of fake MD sites - there are some that have literally scraped pages including comments to appear very plausible at a glance. If it's not mangadex.org or .cc you're not at the real Mangadex.

Unfortunately, some of these fake sites actually rank higher than the real thing in Google results, so always be sure to check the domain of what's popping up.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Volatar
There are no iOS apps that we wish to recommend at this time. I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find one, but beware of fake apps that use our name to solicit money.

It sucks tho, MangaRock was the best manga app in terms of accessibility and updates. *sigh* guess I just have to get used to reading online now

Welp mangaRock is litteraly just a their and just steal mangas and earn profit from it using ads very scummy tbh.

A dual weilder such as myself are allways on top
(Kinda sucks tho since i am from SEA and it lags here, nothing i cant handle tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread