Honey Lemon Soda

Dex-chan lover
This is cute and fluffy. Murata Mayu writes stuff that does the cliches but has a good deal of heart and full of more cute fluffy cotton candy sugariness than you can shake a stick at. Well, I suppose you could shake a stick at it if you really wanted to and had a stick handy--I don't actually see how there's a limit to how big something can be to have a stick shaken at it. Really, has that saying ever made the tiniest bit of sense? But, um, you get the idea.

Aggregator gang
@Purplelibraryguy
*with the voice of a four year old*
There could be something with so much fluffy cotton candy that it engulf you because there is so much, and then you would be unable to move, then no "shaking a stick" at it, because you can't move (but you can eat and get filled by wonderful fluffy cotton candy)

jak

Contributor
Every comment section is you whining about cliches. I've always found the concept of "cliche" to be an easy way for people to whine about shit. Just because something is "cliche" doesn't mean it can't be used well. Most things have "cliche" aspects.

Dex-chan lover
@jak: Well la de friggin' da. Actually, if you read what I say I tend to be quite nuanced in my treatment of cliches, thank you very much, and I say often that something can have all the cliches and if it has heart it will still be good. But there's no point pretending the cliches don't exist--shoujo romance is quite formulaic; some of the elements are kind of necessary because young adult romance--there's gonna be a lot of school settings 'cause the audience is in school, yadda yadda. Other shoujo romance cliches just caught on because someone popular did them well and they sort of stuck. Some are way overdone, some were kind of lousy dodges to start with. Many shoujo writers are very well aware of the cliches of the genre--you can see them playing around with them, lampshading them, inverting them. Others just play them straight and, again, they can get away with it if they have enough heart, but there's some goddamn hackneyed stuff out there. And I will continue to call them as I see them.
As to you, I've never seen you comment much on the actual manga--most of your comments are whining about other people in the comments. That would make you a common or garden troll. The few comments I have seen you make on the actual manga were moronic or offensive. So I'm not sure where you get off complaining about me.

kyn

@Purplelibraryguy In light of this jak fellow's comment, I would like to come out and let you know that I appreciate all of your comments. Whether they be recent or old reads, I have seen you express your opinion in a lot of mangas that I have read and enjoyed. Not only that, but I have found that your thoughts sync up extremely well with my own formulated opinions; thus, I often find myself carefully reading your comments on manga I may be interested in to help ascertain whether or not I will want to take the time to read them. Keep up the good reads and the good comments! ^-^

As for my thoughts on this manga in particular, I enjoy it with a pinch of complaints here and there. I find it quite cute and I like to see Ishimori's development as a character. Murata Mayu's art has this very fluffy and bubbly feel to it that is perfect for shoujo, but I'm not a huge fan of how she draws eyes. I think the eyes are overly large to my preference and can sometimes make certain character's faces seem same-y if it weren't for their unique hairstyles. All in all, it is currently an enjoyable read in spite of it using relatively typical shoujo tropes. I will be keeping an eye on this one to see how it develops, for better or worse.

Dex-chan lover
@kyn: Yeah, Murata Mayu's art does have a bit of a feel like a throwback to a particular era of quite big-eyed art. I suspect shoujo will always have fairly big eyes, but for a while there they were like half the face. And, ah, thank you very much!

Double-page supporter
Well, this is surely a 100% shoujo manga, with many of its typical situations and characters, but it has a heart, and that's what really makes a story enjoyable, no matter what genre it belongs to. The guy's not a jerk, and the heroine can be a pretty tough cookie, despite her shyness, which is admirable. I keep coming back to this manga when I'm looking for a cute read, and I never regret it :)

Group Leader
despite having every cliche in a shoujo manga, it is extremely wholesome. so wholesome I'm getting diabetes from all the sugar, fluff and cheesy overdose

Omg the dress she wears when she goes out w them is the one that miura points to in ch 25 omg thats so cute

Aggregator gang
This series is so precious.... You know shoujo mangas are usually made with an self inserty kind of female lead and a cringe but fangirling material male lead... but in this peculiar manga...

I adore the femals lead far more than the male lead, she's so endearing, sweet and made me want to spoil and drenched her with my love. She's the embodiment of the word precious.

This manga has cleared my skin and watered my crops. Thank u translation team for giving me life with every update

Users who are viewing this thread