Golden Kamuy - Vol. 24 Ch. 236 - King

Power Uploader
Welp, yeah, Sugimoto only goes as far as to reach the end line, there is nothing behind it for him. He's already a war veteran that ocassionaly sees dead buddies in dreams, looks like he doesn't exactly has a ptsd, but his beloved one is widdow now and he has no place to get back.
I do wonder what Noda prepears for Sugimoto in the end, will he go for a realistic end or happy end, or a realistic happy end?

Aggregator gang
sugimoto's flashback seems very on point with the pandemic we are living through right now

Aggregator gang
I find it weird that this chapter made me less interested in Boutarou for his weak purpose in simply enriching himself and even more interested in Sugimoto as we now know the source of his 'immortality' was found before the war.

Dex-chan lover
The pirate gentleman is insanely attractive in a manga full of insanely attractive men, and yet there's no overlap
I ain't complaining.

If anyone has a manga rec with a character like Boutarou (arrogant but charming? Hot but cute? Idek) please lmk

Contributor
Interesting to see where his "I'm immortal" mindset originated from. Wasn't even from the war but rather further back.

I'd like to add that Boutarou is a subtle foil to Sugimoto; both have a strong will but one lives for himself while the other lives for other people.

Boutarou's getting more interesting! I wonder if he would ended up dead in the end?

Shiraishi certainly looks uncomfortable around Boutarou. Do they really have a connection before?

Aggregator gang
We all know that all he wants is 200 yen to send to Ume so she can recover her sight, but after that, he'll probably just stay with Huci and Asirpa. It'll be the others who'll take the gold and fight among themselves.

my cat does the exact same thing when I pat her butt, wouldn't be surprised if Noda has a cat himself

Group Leader
@Big_Boss At the end if Sugimoto is sad Asirpa will also be sad. So I go for a happy realistic end, because, no one messes with Asirpa, not even Noda.

Power Uploader
@ukimix well, considering that setting is realistic, but plot itself isn't bound by history, there is a chance that Asirpa will end up leading her people into future and won't have time for other things, while Sugimoto will be left out.

Not even tuberculosis can get Sugimoto ! ;)

That said, Mr Pirate has a point: does Sugimoto even remember why is he after the gold? TBH the people he wanted to help in the beginning are most likely already dead , given the time it already passed in story, but apparently no one knows or remember Sugimoto original propose in getting the gold at this point ... not even him :D

@rrolo1 i guess the point of pirate's question falls on Your Own Happiness here. the flashback reveals the sugimotos' altruistic personality and by this rencontre with pirate sugimoto remembers his father's last words: try to live for your own sake... yet he still can't answer pirate's question because unlike others involved in the gold hunt, he doesn't have a goal exclusively for himself. until now it is either for toraji/umeko or asirpa's sake

Users who are viewing this thread