Kimetsu no Yaiba

Fed-Kun's army
"The tragedy just never ends..."
This whole fight in a nutshell.

Fed-Kun's army
These past 3 chapters have just been a crazy ass rollercoaster...
Definitely one of the best fights in the series (if not the best fight this far). I love a good team battle (plus ALL the MCs were involved in this brawl).

Dex-chan lover
The last few chapters of this battle felt pretty improvised with sudden, off-the-cuff actions, events, and reasons. I felt it went off the rails with the amount of ass-pulls it.... pulled. This manga is the best shounen action series of the recent age, in my opinion, but I deeply wonder at some of the creative decisions taken in this battle.

I agree with ghostkun about the latest arc (although it started fine), hopefully KnY will get back on form after this and the next arc will be better

I don't agree with the previous comments, I think the only moment that really looked like a legit asspull was when Inosuke moved his heart, but I don't mind it too much after he slipped throught a wormhole dislocating his entire body. Nezuko did nothing that she hasn't done before in this chapter (95), it was established both in the spider arc (burning rui's spider webs) and the train arc (setting Tanjirou on fire to wake him up from enmu's magic) that her blood demon techniques can only harm demon's cells.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm also on the defense with the arc.
The one mistake the author probably made is that she clearly stated that Inosuke's heart was pierced. If it was a regular stab, without further comments, then it would be believable to the readers that he came out alive thanks to his flexible body. But the freaking heart comment started this whole "asspull" train, and Nezuko's already established abilities were fuel to the fire.
In the end, does it really matter? Worst case scenario, Inosuke and Uzui dies, and people are gonna be saying that Pillars dying is a trend, an absolute fact, and gonna happen each arc, thus loosing motivation for caring for them. It's not like they came out unscathed, and the enemies were "only" Upper Moon #6. All in all, it was a grim reminder, that Upper Moons will need a considerable amount of strength and support to even fight against them equally. Can't wait for the recovery chapters, and the possible new strengthening training.

Fed-Kun's army
I love how Gotouge-sensei delivers with these kind of backstories. ;_;
The Snake Pillar hates Tanjirou? Interesting, I think we didn't know that yet.
I wonder if we are gonna see the other Upper Moons. Muzan shouldn't be happy at all with the current situation...

Double-page supporter
never knew . that the head clan related by family to the boss monster

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

damn looks like every arc is gonna involve a pillar either dying or retiring now.

Fed-Kun's army
No female Upper Moon? (Since Daki wasn't really one, right?)
Muzan, I'm disappointed in you.

So ,after this arc,who will be the Next pillar who help the trio? Seeing the troupe:
tengen :Impossible, he will fight later but right now he's recovering from his injuries.
Kanroji(love pillar) and Muichiro(mist pilar): The ones who most probably will featured the nexts mission.Muichiro would be fresh because he is more calm that tengen.
Gyoumei(rock pillar):Like flamebro and Tengen he want to kill nezuko and is a weird person,but I would like if Muichiro featured the next one.
Tomioka(water pillar) and shinobu (insect pillar): They are important character but I doubt they will have an arc soon.
I doubt gotouge will use the snake and wind pillar as allies, they were the only one who acted like a cunts and the snake one doesn't change.I think is more viable the introduction of non-pillar demon hunter or a new flame pillar.

Fed-Kun's army
Pretty good chapter that confirmed some things.
Basically, Akaza is butthurt because he is only Upper Moon 3, while Douma is 2, and Douma came way after Akaza, as we seen in Gyuutarou's flashback, when Douma was only at Upper Moon 6. And we learned that there is a so called Blood Battle between the Upper Moons that could change the rankings between them, if the challanger succesfully wins. Maybe it's a farfetched idea, but I can see Akaza backstabbing Douma in the future, or even "helping" Tanjirou and co by scheming against him. The chill guy has a religion, so that's sufficient reason for him.
Now, Kokushibou. Glad that he is not some relative of Tanjirou or anything, but almost guaranteed to be a Breath of the Sun user and possibly a former Pillar. No wonder he is Upper Moon 1, since technically he can kill all of the other Upper Moons with his blade. His demon face is really hideous though. Ugh, those eyes!
And my boy, Tanjirou is awake 2 month after the battle with Daki and Gyuutarou just to be greeted by wifey wife Kanao, and possibly Aoi later

Users who are viewing this thread