Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku

Well I don’t know what to say after reading this but I guess I’ll have to see.

Getting really tired of the "magic disease that turns people into the opposite sex" trope
This would probably be a lot more interesting of a story if she was trans

Group Leader
I'm gonna just ignore the bending and treat it like she was boyish from the start cuz the manga seems to flow naturally and brush aside that part

Why are people so obsessed with turning everything into trans propaganda? We get it, you want to become a man or a woman, not my fucking problem. Its just being shoehorned everywhere I go and this message of acceptance and diversity is beginning to rub off on me the wrong way. Let traps be traps, let gays be gay, let genderbenders bend their gender, no need to associate those things with a transvestite and they are perfectly capable of being distinct on their own.

I'm just saying it would be a more interesting story if she was, instead of just "lol magic" and brushing over it. How is that "propaganda"? You people have brain worms.

Group Leader
@Lecic Idk how long you've been reading manga and reading comments on manga, but manga readers having brainworms is nothing new. I've come to expect it by now.

I already know how this will turn up man, it's the same as all other genderswap thing

It's "my friend has been turned into a girl, and i starting to like her" manga again, sigh.. the art is good tho, too bad the story is overused in genderbending manga nowadays.

Boy, oh, boy. Another one of those. I wish thse GB mangas were marginally more creative. Instead it's almost always more of the same, disappointing.

Double-page supporter
@Lecic honest question, how will this story be more interesting from this being a trans thing instead of a magic thing, because in terms of this first chapter, the only single thing that would have changed is a single line. it doesnt seem as if you fully know, since you just say 'probably', so i'd like to see how you see this being better.

one thing that upsets me about people with this "trans vs magic" argument is that they treat it as if its the same, but the author doesnt want to bring trans topics into it, so they just say magic, but is that really true? because clearly one is an "intentional operation" while one isnt, and id absolutely argue theres merit to both with story potential to both. in such a case, it appears as if the childhood friend has already experienced the disease for a while, possibly for a few years and seems somewhat used to it, but there will a lot of cases in this series where we will probably see thats not the case, and see his personal issues with this thing that was caused to him, which would not be the case if this was an intentional operation.

so why do you think it would be more interesting if it went the trans way? if its because you enjoy the story possibilities that come with it more, then sure, power to you, but then you should state that you'd personally enjoy it more, and not, that it would be better in general, because thats not true to everyone.

Well I know a lot of people dislike that this manga is going the magical rout, but lets just say since a lot of the world still hates Trans People, and frankly it's clear the author is using magic as a metaphor for Transgender. In fact a lot of Manga like this is doing just that, using magic to smooth out the concept of Transgender Women and Girls. Even Ranma 1/2 could be a story about a Transgender Boy having to fight to be respected as a man.

So as a Trans Woman, I love these kinds of stories, and deep in my heart I wish that the magic was real. Ie remember the Anime Happiness, they had a trans girl character Jun, and her best day episode where she was magically transitioned 100% female. Yah, that euphoria is something most Trans folks want. Sadly Magic isn't real, so we suffer with bodies we hate, and except risky medicines and expensive surgeries if we can afford them.

So yah, give me the GB virus, send me the magic spell, hit me with the GB curse. I'm willing, sadly not going to happen.

Also she is still a trans woman, note she was dressed as a girl in school, and she seems totally fine being a girl.

Its amusing but nothing new. good art at least. Also gb is usually for the comedy for those who want to make everything political or, about certain subjects, just remember its a story for entertainment. If you want to see something its not good for you. just leave your beliefs to yourself for a change and let others enjoy the work. Even if this one is pretty generic.

Jesus not this genderswap thing again, is there any logical genderswap manga out there ?

Users who are viewing this thread