Funimation is gaining OWNERSHIP of Anime in Japan

Contributor
I had to check the date on the video to make sure it wasn't another April Fool's joke.

Dex-chan lover
The videos not working for me, but it sounds better than Crunchyroll owning stuff. I really can't stand streaming or digital distribution; and the good thing about Funimation, is that they usually dub and physically release most of their stuff. Unlike Crunchyroll. I swear, I would love it if the company took a long walk off a short airplane.

Double-page supporter
Is youtubing your reading random article on the internet is new trend? I've seen similar shit a lot lately :/

@Greenfrost

Funimation is the worst. Look at those employee comments trashing the company. 2.5 employer rating.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/FUNimation-Reviews-E381678.htm

Even ignoring their literal obsession with politics, insane inefficiency and attacking the fans for opinions they don't like, they literally fail at almost everything they do. If they didn't have a lot of license revenue due to their monopoly on a bunch of the really lucrative Anime franchise licenses, the American branch of Funimation would be extremely unprofitable because they don't actually do anything.

All they tend to do successfully is dub and collect license revenue. And make distribution contracts I guess. . . . actually now that I think about it, probably keeps them afloat too.

===============================
Sorry for this being so long, I modified this post so no one gets notified on a repeat subject. This is for future readers, if any actually read this.

I also forgot to bring up the most important issue that people tend to forget that Funimation, Crunchyroll and Viz Media are now blatantly attempting to censor Manga and Anime under their licensing control. It's not so easy to dig up the info, but there's a clear pattern of shit like this where they change you manga and Anime.

Twitter post on their recent censoring of DRAGONBALL of all things.
https://mobile.twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/339541459151753216

You do not want to support these companies because they are essentially trying to edit and force Anime and Manga to be more in line with American and Western Values.

Does that sound right to you that a group of people from the Western world are now trying to dictate their cultural values on what they think is morally right in Japan? That sounds a lot like you're judging another people's culture.

*Edit: 4/3/20
Added additional info on Viz, Funimation and Crunchyroll censoring things etc. That twitter link is only the tip of the iceberg. They do irritating shit like that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread