Overgeared

Oh wow, I remember reading this years ago. It's been so long I can't even remember what site or what scanlation group it was that translated it

Oh god this never-ending Korean VR novel finally got an English TL on its manga version...

In case this will be a long-term project, I have to remind everyone curious that this series shouldn't be dropped early. The start is pretty shit, the MC is an unbearable asshole, but I assure you... there will be some very good character development around the middle. Though the start is kinda long...

I read the first attempt at the manga, shame the author had health problems, I was hoping he got back on this but it seems like a reboot. I hope the first author is healthy and recovered.

Just like the original, i hope they don't make the same mistake and stop too soon.
Before MC has time to stop being a brat and turn into someone we care about that is.
Because that's why the first one failed imo, and they stopped before the MC really starts growing as a person in the story.
At least in the eyes little old me who's waiting for more chapters to get translated 😁

again ?
Personnally altought I liked the novel at start, I think it was a bad legendary moonlight sculptor on the long run.
game mean almost everything in the real world, you're a superstar, and the MC have a REAL CHILD with an NPC.

Does the illustrator team have any relation to Solo Leveling or are they just using the same artstyle?
Also I hope they don't plan on actually restarting the entire series, they could just continue off of the other one like in Other World Warrior

The novel is really cool, you can read it here: https://www.wuxiaworld.com/novel/overgeared.
It is the best novel I ever read, the early 100 chap are a bit annoying, the MC is an asshole, and very frustrating, but the evolution of the character is really good.
Hope this adaptation will be good !!!

Contributor
Oh, another adaptation. Hope this one lasts, and that maybe it serves while the other unending korean vrmmo adaptation resumes.

@Nazdorovie
Really, it's not bad but not really too good ever. Try reading everyone else is a returnee or legendary moonlight sculptor, it's way better (especiallyu moonlight sculptor in the same novel theme but with the real world who dont revolve around the game except as a normal sport
personnaly the olympic games with the video games characters made me almost drop it at that times
).

Double-page supporter
@Wilhelm_Stenvall Not sure about better or best translations but fastest, at least at the moment, goes to Leviatan Scan who released chapter 1 first but they don't release here.
And at least it seems like the one who translated the first version of Overgeared, which was done by Wowe scans, is doing this one again for Leviatan.

Well. This one gets Grid's look better than the other one. The art style is a bit weird for this but oh well. I love how they got his nature right. I say this might have hope. But the novel is still better. Go to wuxiaworld for it.

Users who are viewing this thread