Black Pages

Ive made an account 2 days ago and read a few manga, i like this site cause its working better and faster than most other reading sites thanks to now crappy adverts constantly eating up RAM, CPU and internet connection, but today ive started to read a new manga and starting from chapter two some pages are just empty, i just see a black window, and its not that its stupposed to be like that, cause by the image you can clearly see that your missing a page, and actually have to read those pages on a different side. So is this a bug, a server issue or maybe just some temporaty problem where it cant load an image. Cause while it does not happend with every page, it does happend 3-4 times in chapter two and 3 times in chapter three, which is annoying and makes it impossible to read here. The manga in question is KIBOU NO SHIMA.

Double-page supporter
Checking other places, those black pages are pure sex and nudity, it's likely the original uploader blacked them out as a form of censor. It has nothing to do with Mangadex.

How could that be censored whole page, when a few previous pages show more nudity than that one. So what does page 3 in chapter 3 censor? NO NUDITY THERE while page 5 shows the girl fully naked and is not missing. No matter how you look at this, this is either corrupted files, server problem, or the uploader uploaded a corrupt version, though i doubt the last is true since there are no comments about this there,

Sent a report on that manga since from what i see posting on a forum was pointless since im gonna get such pointless answers. Cause it would literally take 10 seconds to check it out yourself and see that there is no way its censorship, rather trolling, but since there are no comments about this no one who read this before had black pages. In fact there are 2 black and 2 white pages in chapter 2 and all 4 pages are missing and dont really have anything more graphic than any other page which should be censored.

Yeah. Its prob the source they used. Nudity can be barely censored, while depicting actual sex acts/rampant gore/bodies exploding prob was banned in whatever magazine they originaly ran. But its a 2 year old upload which means its not going to be fixed because theres not really anything TO fix. Unless you want to TL your own version using uncen/alternate pages -.-

Because this. Is. Not. A. Mangadex. Problem.

Double-page supporter
I have checked the comments, on the manga not the chapters, There are 8 comments dating as far back as 2 years ago regarding the black pages, and given it was 2 years ago, it's likely it was uploaded from somewhere else. I was mistaken about which pages aligned with the black pages, however it does not appear to be an error on Mangadex's side. There issues with pages on Mangadex turn up a red box saying saying something about the error, not a Black page.

ARE.YOU.READING.WHAT.I.WROTE?
Not source problem, every other site that has this fantranslation BY this same group has ALL THE PAGES, no black pages, no white pages. Why would i need to TL an uncensored version, are you even old enough to be on this forum? Cause your reading skills are lower than a kindergarten kid, i said those pages have no gore, no nudity, and all the pages before that had pure gore and nudity where not censored. THE SAME OLD SOURCE ON OTHER SITES WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double-page supporter
I have read what you wrote, and I am responding to it. As I said, There are comments dating back to when it was uploaded on this site regarding the black pages. This appears to indicate that it was an issue with the original upload.

That was to the other guy not you, your second post was not there when i was writing that reply.

Dex-chan lover
lol ain't it funny how the one acting like a child is questioning someone's maturity? Anyways since this is a 2 year old upload I HIGHLY doubt this will get fixed you could contact the group as they're still active but like I said highly doubtful anything will come out of this.

Dex-chan lover
@phoenix_eD
I would assume so but it's been over 2 years someone must have brought this up before leading me to believe this was intentional. I could be entirely wrong and they just somehow completely missed this and they can now fix this in a snap.

Power Uploader
Sure, when we have some time we can re-upload the manga "KIBOU NO SHIMA" - no worries, need to dig it out of the archives though...

EDIT: @Shineek - the issue was mainly on Vol.1, we've re-uploaded the chapters and everything is back to normal. Enjoy the manga! :)

Users who are viewing this thread