Loading issue with the manga "Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan"

Fed-Kun's army
So this is an issue I have been experiencing only with this manga. All others seem to load just fine but this one hangs for ages while slowly loading images. I've tried clearing my browsers cache, deleting history and various client-side fixes so I assume this is probably a site issue. Could anyone else check if they are also having an issue with this specific manga? The issue appears on all chapters I checked. I also can no longer change my image server, that button seems to have vanished from the reader settings.

@P3n6m4t1x checked random chapters, seems fine to me. To change the image servers, you have to check the advanced settings checkbox first.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the tip on the checkbox, but unfortunately even after trying both NA/EU1 and 2 it has made no change. If it is relevant I am located in Australia.

@P3n6m4t1x
Maybe due to heavy traffic? I dunno.

Try using VPNs, or using cellular data.
Oh, and make sure to refresh the page after you change the image server. Though I doubt it's the cause in this case.

Miku best girl
Admin
Is it because the images are huge or something?

Fed-Kun's army
Just tried saving an image to my desktop, they appear to be about 5mb

EDIT: This seems to actually be a large size for manga images. Testing One Punch Man, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess, Midori no Hibi, and Pandora Hearts shows that the average image size seems to be around the 1mb range. So is there some issues with the servers not delivering me the images because of their size?

Miku best girl
Admin
Most likely your speed is too slow, and the server takes too long to send the image to you. After a while, it gives up.

Fed-Kun's army
Morning update! Tor has been used to rule out the issue of locale. Tried it, no change. Also tried my iphone. Definitely faster, but still around 10x slower than other manga. My internet speeds are a good 40mbit/s so I don't really see any reason why that would be a problem :/

Should maybe mention that Tor loads images at the exact same rate as my regular firefox with no vpn. Kinda confused how that would be happening considering tor should run a lot slower (with only a max of 1.55mbit/s on the speedtest)

I would assume with this kind of discrepancy (40 vs 1.55) that if it was a speed issue then my firefox would still be performing substantially better than tor. Also Tor still opens other manga faster than the culprit Fudatsuki here, so honestly I have no clue whats going on at this point. It seems to be an issue specific to me, but I can't figure out why.

Fed-Kun's army
Trust me mate, as an Australian I know all too painfully well how bad our internet is. Its so bad it actually doesn't turn on half the time (because yes, it is so bad here that the internet can just turn off, sporadically, for hours, ffs)

However as I said above this issue is specific to Fudatsuki and everything else works perfectly fine. I have already tested a bunch of different types of manga and manhwa and they have all functioned perfectly fine (load fast with no errors). No other services that I can access such as YouTube, Steam, or just general browsing are affected by instability or slow speeds currently.

Miku best girl
Admin
@AbyssalMonkey Path has no PoPs in AU. The current PoPs are Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, and Amsterdam.

We have looked at AU servers before, but bandwidth is super expensive there (in SE Asia in general)

Fed-Kun's army
Well I've done some further testing and this is definitely a me problem, somehow. Using a cellular connection the manga seems to load just fine. My cellular speeds are EXACTLY THE SAME as my home internet so it is definitely not a speed issue. All other computers in my house also have the loading issues so I assume it is somehow a router issue. I doubt its an isp issue because tor had the exact same behavior.

So I think that's pretty much the end of this saga. The problem is unfixable, it appears across every device I own, even when using a vpn (tor). It does not occur when reading any other manga or using cellular.
So it must be that something in my router really dislikes Fudatsuki for some strange unknowable reason.

Suggestions were appreciated but it seems that sometimes the universe just wants to conspire against you. Ill just have to live with setting the max preload to 20 and opening up a bunch of chapters in different tabs to load at a reasonable pace (which I am already doing).

Users who are viewing this thread