Cannot search for manga with no demographic specified

When I deselect all the demographic options and try to search for titles missing demographics information, the search automatically re-selects all demographics. I'm not sure if this is intentional or just a bug.

My main reason why changing this behavior might be useful is so that I can better see which manga are missing demographics data that can be added. Also, many web comics do not have a demographic listed because it usually just follows the magazine the manga is in.

@inmyopinion when you deselect a certain checkbox, it doesn't mean it is excluded from the search, just that the tag or demographic is ignored in the criterias. And because the demographics are mutually exclusive, it may appear that when you deselect one, it is excluded. But when you deselect all of them, it is treated as you have all of them selected. Same when you deselect all publication status, or not select any tags, or even the language filter.

So this is a tenical matter. You may want to go and suggest feature to exclude demographic/publication status as it doesn't exist now.

@MavB_Ver, thanks for the information. I understand what you're saying, but the main reason I am more concerned about the demographics options is because when someone adds a manga, they are allowed to choose "None" as a demographic. This is different from publication status and original language, which must be filled out and have no "None" option (which makes sense). Therefore, there's no reason to deselect all publication statuses or all languages because the resulting search would be empty. So the current behavior when deselecting those options makes sense. Also, it is possible to exclude all tags when the tag exclusion mode is set to Any (OR).

I do agree that this isn't really a bug and more a feature request now. Because one can choose "None" as a demographic, there should be a corresponding option when searching. Some possible remedies:
[ul]
[li]Add "None" option under demographic when searching[/li]
[li]Remove "None" option under demographic when adding manga (i.e., require demographic to be selected)[/li]
[/ul]

I wonder if mods can move this thread to the Suggestions forum, or if I have to remake it.

@inmyopinion
I suppose you should make a new thread in Suggestions forum, and emphasise on the pratical usage of it.

Btw, the language filter I said is the filter for translated chapters. By default, you choose none and it will select all languages a.k.a no language is filtered out.

Users who are viewing this thread