Blood Rain - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Parentage

Dex-chan lover
How fucked up do you have to be to give your daughters the same name? And how the fuck is Kumi at fault and not her dad? Or her mom possibly?

Group Leader
@zhou my guess is that the other kumi is not the father's actual daughter. Maybe he married someone who already had a kid and, just by coincidence, the kid was also named Kumi. And, I don't think Killer Kumi is really thinking logically. She's going around killing random people just to get revenge on someone. She's clearly insane and, as a child, fixated her anger on the other Kumi. I don't think logic really plays into the whole thing. The chick is just nuts.

Dex-chan lover
Aha and now we have the motive ladies and gents! It's weird she's taking out her anger on folks who have nothing to do with it though.

Group Leader
@Dundun123 yeah, I haven't read ahead yet, but I'm guessing she basically snapped when she looked through that window and saw the other Kumi. At that moment, she fixated on her and probably never again saw things clearly. As a kid, it was just too much to comprehend. She adored her father, saw him as the ultimate good guy and when she saw Kumi sitting in his lap, she couldn't blame him since he was her hero. She just saw Kumi as being the villain who stole her father from her and that messed up feeling stuck with her into adulthood.

My guess anyway...

Group Leader
@Bravo_X8 I found them on DC++. I was amazed to find them. I've been searching for them there several times a week for months on the off chance that someone would have them, One day I stumbled across the whole series. The scan quality is pretty bad, but it's better than nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@talon184

Yeah, didn't think that he could not be the biological father. My bad. She is crazy, but to think she would never see it from a different perspective is just mind boggling. I hope there is still more to it.

why did many author always make a dark past to make a psycho villain. to be honest i don't care for what happened to them in the past. if these author want me as a reader to feel sympathy toward them then i'm pretty sure it's a miss. just because you are hurt doesn't mean you have the justification to hurt other.

Group Leader
@edgarsc19 I don't think it's supposed to justify what she's doing. It just gives some depth to the character. It's more interesting to know what caused the killer to be a complete psycho then for the author to make them just a generic killer with no real motivation.

Her past doesn't justify her actions, but at least we know she didn't just wake up one day and decide to start murdering people.

Users who are viewing this thread