MangaPlus issues?

Contributor
Figured since the team supported that site, I would ask here just in case it might help others.

Are there any other people having issues with the Mangaplus site? In my case, when using Firefox, the site does not come up other than a blank white page, regardless of anything I have tried (cache clearing, ad-blockers on and off, etc). Even tried Edge (since I don't use it normally, no add-ons or ad-blockers at all) for laughs, and all I get there is a few of the homepage images, and what appears to be something stalling the webpage upload, can't even click on what few buttons appear.

Is it possible they have gone all phone-app or something? or something else going on that could be easily missed?

Double-page supporter
There IS some issues if you use old (pre-quantum) version. No problems in latest versions.

Contributor
@BzzBzz Not sure what you mean by pre-quantum. But, nothing works so far, although it does work on the phone.

Double-page supporter
Not sure about exact version they changed engine... Something around F52(?) I guess. So there's many issues in F52- and no issues in F68+. Can't comment on middle versions I have no access.

BzzBzz is talking about the Firefox version in case you didn't catch that.

Is your Firefox up to date? You can check this when you click on the menu icon in the upper right of the browser, then click on "help" and then on "About Firefox". The newest Firefox-Version is 74.0.
(But I guess that is not the problem if the Mangaplus Website worked for you before and now it does't.)

Contributor
@Indigo Yep, up-to-date. And still not working. Too weird, not even an error page. And as a further note, haven't posted comments there (or anything else since all I did was read a few items there), so unless it was random, I shouldn't be banned from it. Pretty sure there would be some sort of message if that were the case.

Contributor
I think I found a work around. The main homepage (https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp) is the one giving me a blank page. But, if I add "/updates" to get to the updates page, it works. Tested by leaving, clearing cache, etc and still worked.

Weird that the main homepage itself does not work, but the rest of the site does. Maybe the homepage itself was never really developed, and the updates page was intended to act as the real homepage, but it was never fixed to be directed to from the base homepage.

Users who are viewing this thread