Sword Art Online - Project Alicization

Double-page supporter
@AbyssalMonkey

People dislike SAO because of it's terrible writing, they dislike Kawahara Reki because he's a terrible writer. I feel like the majority of people who dislike SAO don't dislike it because it's become cool to dislike it, any genuine fan of the genre will like something if it's good. I have certain episodes of SAO that I really like and others that I despise. If this manga is good people will naturally follow it and give it decent ratings.

@sedition no people dislike SAO because they drew too much into romance when people were enjoying the rest of the story, SAO is written fine imo people just need to get over themselves and stop acting like royalty yelp reviewers.

The first SAO novel was great. The concepts, the setting, the MC and the villain looked promising. Then the amateur writer tried his hand at romance. Then we got that power of love shit. It was nothing to REEEEEEE about since the overall story was still ok.

Then Fairy Dance happened and gave us an uninspired copy paste world complete with a self-insert power fantasy story and a matching MC that has a cheat ability. The prototype for the modern isekai.

I read the progressive version a few months ago hoping it was him fixing SAO since he now had more experience at writing. It follows the same trend. Starts of great then slowly devolves into shit but does it at a much quicker pace. Not even 1/10th into the Aincrad arc.

TLDR: SAO was a fluke and Asuna a shit.

Dex-chan lover
That plot summary is written by a chuuni

SAO first season was OK, second one doesnt exist as far as I'm concerned.

What I want to know is if this one is any good?

This one's definitely creepy aff

Shutting down the Soul Translator Machine is like committing mass genocide... Please dont.

They also spice up the drama on this, kids would have a hard time catching up.

Dex-chan lover
@goodie-bag I know and Alicization arc is better than the first season. So much so that I feel like people are just troll-rating 1s for the meme. Granted, I'm anime-only so idk how the manga adapts the story.

Users who are viewing this thread