RSS Update and Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
As some of you may have noticed, RSS now requires an account to use. This is due to a lot of bots spamming the public RSS links and flooding the server previously.

With this update, there is no longer a need to explicitly filter for languages in the RSS URL, because all user accounts have a filter chapter language setting already. As such, your RSS feed will reflect what you have selected for your filter chapter languages.

This applies to all your RSS feeds, including follows.

If you have any questions on the above, please ask.

VIP
Would be nice to have a language filter in the url like before, as my rss feed now notifies me for all languages not english only. Setting the chapters filter would remove my ability to see other languages as thatis usefil for finding new manga and see missing chapters of series thst have incomplete english uploads.

Miku best girl
Admin
You can unset your filter when you're doing stuff on the site, and once you're done, set English again for your RSS?

VIP
That is long and I won't remember to change it every time I go onto the site, but I'll see what I do.

Contributor
So where's this tutorial?
And how do I make it work with services like The Old Reader or Feedly now?

Power Uploader
@Antonius

No tutorial is required. Merely click the RSS icon located throughout the site and it will give you the RSS feed with the language filter you have set.

The rss header is being set incorrectly to:
Code:
<atom:link href="https://mangadex.org/rss/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
<link>https://mangadex.org/rss/</link>
which is now invalid. Normally the atom:link should point to the full valid rss url with key, while link should optimally point to either the url the rss was generated from or alternatively the website root.

Fed-Kun's army
It seems like this also fixed the problem of "dropped" titles being included in the follows RSS feed, is that correct?

No language filters?
It's actually a little problem for me, because there are some manga which I read in Russian, Spanish or other languages instead of English.
Setting all of them on website doesn't solve the problem, because then they get all mixed in my feeds.

MD@Home
Has the RSS bug already been fixed where dropped series would still show new entries in your feed?

Group Leader
Sorry, um I not even sure if I should ask this here but....

What is RSS? Why would bots spam it? I have absolutely no idea what this post is about, anyone can explain for me?

m(_ _)m

Phew, already switched to "Following" RSS instead of multiple RSSes for each manga I read so I didn't even notice the change. :D

But @Xunder and @Kuba01092 made a good point. We need something like "reading language".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread