Author Angel Densetsu
This is one of those series, that you end up reading them multiple times and love each read as much as the first reading.
One of the best mangas. Wish I could erase my memory so I could re-read for the first time again.
This is one of the masterpieces of manga. I've read this a few times over the years, and it impresses me every time.
It would be cool if this manga just out of nowhere got a televised anime adaption but i know that's not happening. It's just so fun and i wish there was more of it to read or watch.
I recommend, great work.
This was really good
found out about this manga while having a "nostalgia trip" on animelist and saw that this manga had a "movie" back on spring 96 i think... All reviews were about how fun and amazing this manga was. I think i read half of the manga on one night, there is so many incredible jokes and misshappenings and some dated sht for the 90's gang LOL
would've give it 10/10 but i didnt like it when he got beat up by those girls and did nothing, sometimes you gotta stand up for yourself and push back being too nice wont get you far in real life. guess this is just fantasy story
Fortunately for the Halford family this is not a Junji Itou manga, but if it was... oh boy.
I haven't finished reading the manga yet so i could be wrong here but man, is kuroda going to get any better? Right now, where i'm currently reading (Ch.36), he's just really unbearable for me. A selfish idiot with an insufferably obnoxious attitude. Again, i could be wrong here and he does get better later. But right now, i just don't see it.
@djamel90
I've known people like that in real life.
Lost count how many times I re-read this, it's a really good manga.

And gona re-read again right now.

@Nirimetus I know. I guess that's an... endearing quirk of his to some. But i just can't stand it. I keep finding myself groaning everytime he came on screen. And does his "kuroda" thing. He's too annoying for me to tolerate.
Wow this manga is amazing lmao. Seeing the cover make me go ew wtf is that art but it is soo good lmao
I had no idea this is the same guy who wrote and drew Claymore
@MrHoon Right?? I was amazed when I started Claymore based on a friend's suggestion and realized it was the same author. I love that he tries different things.
Last edited 1 year ago by TyrannisMorrisette.
read it then immediately read it again
that binge read kept me up for 6 hours lol
also anyone that talks shit about the art is a pleb that hasn't read shit from the 90s
This is the archetype to the "has a scary face but is misunderstood" trope, and is to my knowledge is still more worthy than anything along those lines that has come before or since.
I'm not just saying this with nostalgia; in fact I think I first read it less than five years ago.

Usually Japan is good at stealing ideas like this and refining them into better versions over the years, but this manga actually manages to be genuinely profound amongst it's silliness, and also has that rarest of rare gems in any medium: A well-written, satisfying ending. Broadly speaking, nothing else along these lines comes close (among the many things I have seen and read, at least).

...That isn't to say it's perfect. There's plenty of rough bits. It's fundamentally a gag manga, for most of the moment-to-moment stuff. It's just that by the end, that doesn't matter.
One of my favorites of all time to read wish it was brought over to the USA to physically own.