Zom 100 ~100 Things I Want to do Before I Become a Zombie~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 17 - Hometown of the Dead 3

Double-page supporter
Hope it's doing well because this feel like a prepared axe ending, a climax of the fight of the fullfilling list vs the destructive list.

Aggregator gang
@Renard I see what you mean about this seeming like an ending but I doubt it'll end here.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad the MC is roasting this dumbass

Seriously, the artist/author completely fucked up this arc especially with a shitty edgy goofy ass antagonist. There is nothing interesting about this character. The fucking fat boss a few chapters ago had more depth. Talk about dropping the ball and making your readers disinterested in your work.

Dex-chan lover
@Xxjuggernaut Seems to me like the author did a pretty good job making people hate an ANTAGONIST. Not everyone can have a highly deep background story to make people like them, sometimes real jerks are those who are just jerks without reason. But then again, to each their own perspective.

@Xxjuggernaut speak for yourself, I'm actually digging the dynamic between a wholesome and fulfilling bucket list vs a destructive, selfish one. I think the interaction between wholesome best boy Akira who just wants to help everyone creates a great contrast to what is a (probably) more realistic (if not completely extreme) reaction to the end of the world, society, and humanity in general

Dex-chan lover
Yep, piece of shit villain. Hopefully things'll be as quick and inconsequential as the time with Akira's boss. Although this guy deserves far worse of a fate than even him. At the very least, even his mono-molecular edge isn't enough to curb Akira's vibe.

Aggregator gang
On one hand, I wish we had maybe gotten some more time to see why Dickfuck is such a self-serving, pessimistic, spiteful asshole. Whether it be trauma, showing of his empathy deteriorating over time while being a douche online, or something else, I feel it could've made it a bit more understandable as to why he is going to such an extreme route.

On the other hand, not everybody needs to have a deep reasoning for their actions. Sometimes, people are just assholes. Take a HUGE asshole and put them into a lawless situation where most people can't hold them accountable, and they might do all the things they never could do because of societal standards and laws.

Dex-chan lover
@icantnotthink

I mean, there's already people like that all over the place. Dudes who don't make a damn thing to make ther situation better or at least self improve, instead hating those who actually make an effort and enjoy life.

In short: Incels being pessimistic assholes even in the apocalypse.

Dex-chan lover
"I am an angsty adult who never grew up here to take out my failures on the world" thats what you sound like mister villain

Yeah, this series didn't really need a edgy antagonist to work and it's not really doing anything for me here. Like other people said, thr fat boss from before was a way better antagonist to have while this guy is just boring and doesn't really offer anything to the rest of the series.

I don't even hate the villains here, there just to dull to get anything out of me beyond a half hearted "Ow, the edge."

Dex-chan lover
I like the idea of the duality that the author is trying to put but the execution is very very far from good, I would prefer having some kind of mastermind villain who planned the zombie to happen rather than this edgy dude who just hates shit

Double-page supporter
Not gonna lie, I really like the manga in general, but this antagonist is just not interesting.
In stories, which are made-up anyways, there no room for villains like him. He's neither well written nor does anything he contribute add anything to the story. The duality of the bucket lists really only looks good on paper in the very early stage of developing ideas.
It's not really making anything out of the duality at all.
Not even mentioning the absolute scapegoats of characters he's travelling with. Calling them random goons is more appropriate, but their design is actually to well thought out for that.

Looking forward to the next arc.

Group Leader
I don't know... calling him a 'villain' seems like an insult to all other villains out there.

ya sorry but this arc has been bad and this loser is a terribly written antagonist :/

now there's nothing necessarily wrong with this type of antagonist (loser dude wanting chaos and all that), but the way he's been written in this manga is just bad and uninteresting.

Fed-Kun's army
This arc is shit. B tier villain with a shitty reason to be a bad guy and conflict that is pretty boring. I wish this arc ends so we can go back to the usual shenanigans

Users who are viewing this thread