Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Same old, same old story.

edit: looks like Komari lives in Kashima. That place where they climb the stairs looks like here - https://maps.app.goo.gl/gcY3UKKY5VJjRwdY7

Dex-chan lover
And here I was thinking she will awaken their lesbian hood during this trip. Shame ! Is there at least one competent lesbian in there world. One with confidant, courage and a girlfriend. Now the only potable lesbian is Maki, a coward. This is going to end bad for the yuri...

Trash story. People often brag about the "realism" in yuri with adult characters, this one here is just the extreme opposite of the fantastical worlds where every gay girl is happy, it's every gay girl is miserable. There's no balance there. Cartoon villain-tier husbands and seems like a society where a elite group of inquisitors will burn you on a stake if you happen to tell the world you're homosexual.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously? lol. I find so stupid the “forcing” yourself to date a man trope in this manga, especially in Komari’s place she’s not even an adult yet to feel the real social pressure of getting married and shit. She’s literally doing it for no reason and using someone else’s real feelings, at least she knows she is shit.

Dex-chan lover
@nims
especially in Komari’s place she’s not even an adult yet to feel the real social pressure of getting married
She is not being pressured into being married yet, and yes, she is old enough to feel the pressure to date the "right" sex. I don't understand why anyone can be bothered by this, because as far I as know to this day this is still very common to happen.

"Yuri sunnis" are annoying.

Why the hell are you people complaining? Are you even lesbians/bi or are you just dudes that fetishize them? Stop fucking reading this story while it's still in progress if all you do is complain every chapter. Obviously you don't know how it feels like to be gay while living in a place where everyone around you is conservative.
@nims there's the social pressure of being expected to be attracted to the opposite sex from a young age lmao...

Dex-chan lover
oeuf, yeah, i can imagine
both country gals are too scared to come out
sucks, but that's just how it is
still, one of them lives in the city and still is a coward

still, the plot is not that important
i enjoy Makimura's internal monologues and the beautiful imagery much more, and every facial expression looks like it's holding back the whole world behind them, it's quite vexing

@cornedbeef I'd bet money that almost every person complaining is a straight man.

God I feel this story in my soul; seeing them struggle with societal expectations reminds me of younger me. I'm desperately afraid of where it could potentially end up, but I'm trying to hold out hope for them.

Dex-chan lover
>There's too much drama in my drama
The reasons these girls are all angsty are clear and reasonable. Even the reason for these characters being angsty together is clear and reasonable. The reasons they are all isolated as gay women are clear and reasonable. It's like you don't want a story to happen and instead are looking for a documentary on the lives of gay women.

Dex-chan lover
sure it’s angst now, but whether these characters learn and grow (or how they fail to) is gonna be what makes or breaks it

Dex-chan lover
I'll write this just to be sure.
Komari's problem is "coming out", but that's NOT Maki's problem. I don't even feel that Maki things about "I'm gay" and the consequences of this. She just thinks that she likes Midori. So her problem is about Midori, not about fearing the world discovering that she is gay or not, that's irrelevant for her drama.

I thought this Chapter was pretty chill and like mentioned before, maki allready had a relationship with midori in high school so she must be past the whole coming out thing. Still beeing in love with midori even though shes engaged and pregnant is the real problem

I don't think I've read a manga quite like this one! Sapphic women ending up in unhappy relationships happens SO often just because of how dangerous it could be to come out. For all who think that it's not are clearly ignorant.

Anyways I hope that that Komari leaves the relationship and becomes happy soon!

Users who are viewing this thread