Detective Conan - Vol. 99 Ch. 1049 - It's Unbelievable!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if that forced swallowing of the capsule through a kiss really works.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, Sister's work ? Wasn't the drug the work of Haibara's parents ? Does that mean Sera and Haibaira are cousins ?

Yes, Elena and Mary are sisters. Aoyama already confirmed that Akai and Akemi were (unknowingly) cousins in a QA at the end of 2016 and even before that, it was teased in interviews that Mary and another woman in the manga are sisters. Then you also have Conan realizing that Haibara and Mary look similar in Chapter 941 (https://mangadex.org/chapter/129687/17). Elena having a sister was also mentioned in Chapter 1011 (https://mangadex.org/chapter/265964/13).

Fed-Kun's army
Guess there was one teeny tiny bright side to Akemi's death....imagine how awkward it would have been for Shuichi to introduce her to his family

DQM

@OsTB
Reminds me of a theory I've heard of Akemi and Shiho do not have the same mother. Having said though, marrying between cousins is allowed in Japan.

Group Leader
@OsTB I dunno where you came from, but cousin's marriage isn't considered incest/forbidden in many countries. It's not in Japan, and in Islam cousin isn't mahram (someone you cannot marry), so I imagine it's the same in country with Muslims majority. Maybe not common, but also not something condemned or forbidden.

Wait, the dude committed suicide, intending to pin the blame on someone, only for another to muddy the waters? Huh, neat.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt
that explained the "sister from another domain" thingy

@monkry
you still can't marry cousin from your father's side tho, AFAIK there's a (scientific) explanation why but I forgot, something to do with gene or dna or something

What shocks me more than the Yuri-kiss is that Aoyama makes Conan dumber or less careful in his words. Ten years ago he wouldn't have said Remi-san but Remi-neesan but I guess he needs to force it so that more people find out he's Shinichi, it still bugs me a bit though.

Aggregator gang
So this whole case was a suicide and somebody made it look like a murder? Damn, I really thought that the person who was writing in the dark with their left hand was going to be the killer.

Fed-Kun's army
@monkry it’s certainly not talked about very often in my country

Regardless it’s my mistake, I just remembered this manga has very old case that dealt with precisely that

@GarrenAce

I mean it's not really a "lesbian kiss scene" since Vermouth's doing it to force poison into Mary's mouth. No more a lesbian kiss than if one woman gave another CPR.

Mind you there's always the chance Vermouth IS a lesbian or bi and found some enjoyment out of it, but just from the scene itself it's pretty silly to call it yuri when it's an attempted murder.

Looks like the poisoned cake is the model's and it somehow got given to the hairdresser or something? There's a hint of "obsessed fan eating what their idols eat" vibe here.

@okabekudo

He's often been careless, even from the start. He gets very cocky sometimes, and lets his guard down. His plausible deniability with Sera has lasted a lot longer than he could keep it up with Hattori, after all. he just isn't normally around detectives smart enough to put two and two together, and willing to accept that he could have been reverted in age. He's even had Ran believe him to be Kudo on multiple occasions, needing major help to cover things back up and throw her off the trail.

Should he be more careful of his words around Sera? If he doesn't want her to know, sure, but he has been careless multiple times in the past, even from early on. (Though, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure why he still wants to deny what she seems convinced of, rather than just admitting it to her at this point, especially since he knows her family, and knows the condition of her mother, so he knows she is opposed to the BO. Better to be honest with her, in private, and get her to agree to help him keep his secret, than risk her exposing it to Ran before he feels it to be the right time.)

@throwaway4ccount Well Hattori found out because the narcose chronometer didn't last long enough on him and he heard Conan mimic Hattori's voice. In those cases with Ran I wouldn't say that he was careless, he was rather unlucky, plus he has feelings for Ran, so that would make him more nervous in those situations. I'm on your side though when it comes to if he should reveal himself to Sera, it's just dumb at this point to hide it but he hasn't even revealed himself to Shuichi yet so I don't know what he's thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread