Site feedback - Please read the post so your comment does not get DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff
Admin
Version 3 has been out for a while now and you folks have had a chance to get used to it. That said, we are interested in hearing feedback on your THREE biggest gripes about the site. You know, that thing you hate the most, or annoys you every time you see it to the point you had to make a userscript to make it go away.

The feedback will influence where we take the site design for version 3 updates and into version 4 features/beta - so be sure to let us know if you have a serious gripe.

For our ease of keeping track posts will be limited to 3 bullet points, no rants, no wall-of-text-crits. This thread is for site changes only, not the new reader (which is getting updates every few days based on feedback on forums and discord).

Please be short and concise. If someone else has posted things you hate, feel free to copy paste their list as your own. That being said, keep it abuse free, it's okay to hate something, it's not okay to start spewing crap about it - we get it, some of the changes are frustrating to people.

Replies ignoring the 3 bullet point rule/wall of text/whatever will be deleted on sight.

Replies about the reader will be deleted.

We are interested in feedback on the existing features and layout - not suggestions for new features, there's a forum for that.

Example:

[ol]
1. List views look cluttered on mobile with two lines making it hard to read.
2. Front page updates don't include enough updates/no pagination.
3. On lists the edit button, comment link and language flag are so close that the comment link doesn't stand out.[/ol]

1. Different copies of the same chapter appear as unread separately in Follows;
2. Also in Follows, the group link is way too close to the chapter link on mobile;
3. There is no way to "unread" a single specific chapter.

Dex-chan lover
1 - The new Layout of the main page
2 - The way new updates are organized in the /updates/ page

Double-page supporter
1. The new layout and design sacrifices user experience for flashiness in the same way that Youtube does.
2. Non English chapters are often uploaded as English, though I'm unsure about what can actually be done about that.

Power Uploader
1. Author/artist field limit. (Capped at 256 characters, unless my info is outdated.)
2. Searching for an author with a short/common name also shows other authors. Since the author column cannot be sorted, I have to look at all results to check if I missed any work.
3. Can't see releases on front page past a certain point of time. Especially for languages that barely have any releases.

Aggregator gang
1. (MOBILE) Logo cat's tail adds several pixels to the header at all times.
2. (BOTH) 'Last read' box isn't useful.

1. Would be good to automatically mark chapter as read even if the manga is not 'followed' or marked as 'reading'
2. Would like ability to remove a title/chapter from reading history.

Aggregator gang
1. I hate having to go to opposite sides just to go to follows/search manga ?. Far right for opening menu, far left for clicking on menu items ?
2. I’d like to use my settings one day (iPad compatibility?)

Contributor
1. Front page updates don't show multiple releases, only the latest one if multiple are uploaded.

1. In brazilian portuguese the top of the interface uses two lines of text for each option
trPaf4U.png

len

1. Missing API endpoint with all updates (like chapter additions, re-uploads, deletions etc) to keep track on all chapters / manga without need to make a full scan
2. Ability to mark chapter as read without opening it (from chapters list)
3. Images in few places are too big eg. Manga covers, they are wasting a lot of resources

For now that's all I can think about, good job!

Contributor
[ul]Using the buttons will in some instances bug out and spam multiple times. I.e. clicking it once and having three spoiler tags show up. Seems to happen more often when fast clicking.[/ul]
[ul]Clicking the buttons will in some cases erase everything in the text box.[/ul]
[ul]I can't highlight text and then click the button to have the text nest in the tags.[/ul]

1. On mobile, the fixed navigation bar takes up a lot of space. Something more compact, or a way to hide it would be nice.

2. There isn't a way (as far as I'm aware) to quickly mark a chapter as read without opening the chapter.

3. On mobile, the chapter covers are way too big on an individual manga page.

The only real complaints I have are:

* Featured Manga appears on the bottom. I didn't even know it was there until yesterday
* The reading history doesn't work and it's on an awkward part on the front page. I think it shouldn't even be on there personally, but somewhere else.
* As far as I know, there's still no way to filter out manhwa or manhua for searches. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them but most of the time I tend to skip over them in favor of manga and sometimes the genre searched is packed with them.
Oh damn, I thought that selection was for the actual translated language and even used it a few times when looking for a way to filter the results. Thanks for pointing it out @Plykiya

To be honest there isn't much to complain about since I was already able to revert back to the old web reader.

Power Uploader
1. Follows lists are far too cluttered on mobile. Adding shading to certain elements will make it much easier to distinguish.

2. On some lists, the Hentai tag still gets pushed off the title. Pretty annoying to click into a title and unexpectedly seeing an NSFW image especially since it's fixed on some lists and not on others.
Bugged lists: Simple and Extended

3. Delayed chapters do not update the manga last updated timestamp.

1. On tablet (not sure if applicable to pc as well): having the language symbol (flag) on top of the “read” symbol (eye) makes it very hard to tell from a single glance what chapter was read and what chapter was not. Before the eye symbol was in its own column.

2. New layout feels tacky compared to the simple slick form it has before. Too much stuff, too crowded. The most glaring pages are the follow page and the front page.

3. Have to click on every single chapter to mark it as read. Sometimes that’s a full 300 of them.

Group Leader
1. Viewing any comment section (on manga, on a group's page, etc) always displays the comment entry text box open at full size.
2. The Edit button for comments made by yourself is large and expands the vertical size of even the shortest of comments.
3. There's no "Preview Comment" button (although if that's not something you can change it's not the end of the world).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread