The Dragon Master

Fed-Kun's army
There is like no backstory... have they gotten that lazy to not include one. Or are people so tired of reading them to find flaws that they decide to not include one. Either way this manga seems meh.

Fed-Kun's army
The first chapter is too short, can't say if its a good read or not until i see more

Imagine writing the most obnoxious character you ever can. Angry, asshole, doesn't think at all. Now imagine having this person be someone who is obviously a main character who you're going to have to listen to for most of the story and you have the MC's brother. Jesus christ.

Contributor
I'm a little surprised that this has nearly 200 chapters. So far, it's not that good. I can see how it can be improved, and I am enjoying it, so I look forward to reading how this progresses

Aggregator gang
Im a fan of dragons, and I have high hopes for this. But I have to say, I feel like it would of been better off if the MC was made to be a girl. A girl with health issues would of been fine. Its more annoying he looks like a girl, but isnt one.

Raw: https://funbe04 . com/%EC%8B%A0%EB%A3%A1%EC%9D%98-%EC%A3%BC%EC%9D%B8

Contributor
Velsy said:
Im a fan of dragons, and I have high hopes for this. But I have to say, I feel like it would of been better off if the MC was made to be a girl. A girl with health issues would of been fine. Its more annoying he looks like a girl, but isnt one.

That seems a little sexist, no? u.u;

Who translated "oh sh*t I have to find mama!!" for a baby dragon?! That swearing kind of killed the built image of a innocent baby dragon.

Aggregator gang
@Pokari how so ? Whats does it matter if he has health issues as a guy or girl. Its the fact the Author has gone so far to draw him girly, I felt it might of been better to just make him a girl. As a guy with health issues, he doesnt need to look girly. And its annoying trope I hate how the MC hates being called girly while getting triggered by it everytime.

Explain why its sexist. Is it cause I suggested I'd prefer if the MC was a girl and suffering from health issues ? Personally, I really like the idea that the MC suffers from health issues, causes it seems his fate has entwined with the strongest dragon (well hes only a hatchling atm). Together they could be something. Important to each other., to need each other. That type of bond.

ctn

@Velsy The entire point of the story is to set him up as a "shame" for the family. The lot of them are strong manly men, while he is a frail girly boy. He is supposed to be a "failure." The author didn't make him a girl exactly because a frail female in that family wouldn't be seen as a failure.

Contributor
@Velsy: Indeed, my incredulous reaction was foremost to:

it would of been better off if the MC was made to be a girl. A girl with health issues would of been fine.

Which sounds kind of like, "It's okay if a girl is weak, but boys need to be strong," and/or more broadly "this character looks and acts more like how I expect a girl to look and act and I think that needs to be rectified."

snail pace, literally. im trying to enjoy the story but waiting nearly 3 weeks for only a minute of content is just plain stupid. see you guys in a year or so but i guess even after that we will only have content for 10 minutes

Aggregator gang
@Pokari ..............k If you want to think of it as that way, then do what you want. ctn brought up a valid point and I 'm happy to end it there.

Contributor
@Velsy:

That's fine...? I mean, you were the one who challenged me to explain what I meant by "sexist" o_o; (ctn's explanation of why it was an important plot mechanic seemed besides the point in that regard.)

Users who are viewing this thread