I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Double-page supporter
@ShadowWalker

Probably boils down to: I am the protagonist, this world revolves around ME!

That and it is far easier to write an idiot rather than an intelligent character. (So dumbing down the opposition to make the leads look better is a common trope)

Dex-chan lover
God I love the "Let's ruin the story and show that just because you got a second chance doesn't mean that you are free to act like a toolbag"
Honestly I kind of love that. It shows that some of the people who want to live in those fantasies simply want their ego stroked and to feel more important than they are.
I'm no psychologist but I'm pretty sure there's some commentary about how if you do this do simply stroke your ego, you didn't really deserve that heaven in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
I worry I might be starting to think in memes.

When Liam said begone, my mind instantly added thot.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously. I don't understand the stupid 'plans' this idiot is pulling. Its like the author wants to show us a check list of how NOT to use previous game knowledge in an isekai.

@Mangareader
@ShadowWalker

Personally, I think its more of an 'npc belief' than anything else. She quite literally doesn't see them as actual people with their own thoughts. She sees them as pre-programmed npc's from her favorite video game.
Insert sentence here for specific response there. Tone doesn't matter, just content.

Dex-chan lover
I do feel kind of bad for Amelia. (and the other villainous heroines that follow the trope) Like, she's not very smart, but so far that's about it. I can kinda relate to that, since I can remember how foolish I was as a child. Her memories from her past life must seem to her like a golden ticket to success, but they're actually a trap that's hindering her happiness in her second life.

Nice a new chapter. Thanks for the release. I do like how the story is progressing so far and hope it doesnt devolve like others ive read.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like mc could have easily snipped any issues in their bud if she takes the time to inform the new girl that this is reality. She doesn't even have to be in private if she phrases it correctly. Like "I know you mentioned some novel you are trying to reenact, but please remember that this is real life". Or if she wants to be risky, "The world might be similar to the game you said you played in your past life, but please remember that this is real life. Besides, I think I might know which story you were talking about."

Users who are viewing this thread