The Flowers of Evil

Dex-chan lover
Read this if you want a masterful mind-fuck. It's VERY well done, but not for everyone. At the same time, I think "tragedy" is a somewhat misleading tag.

Group Leader
Well that's a strange ending. I was actually expecting the self-immolation to be successful though for at least one of them.

tokiwa make my day haha i love the ending, my heart almost broke i thought he was going to break up with tokiwa but no, really thanks to the author ?

Masterpiece/mindfuck. I agree. Across the volumes there is a shift in underlying assumptions, from existential angst to mental illness and emotional burnout, which I find both realistic and kind of facile. It's facile because the intrinsic conflict with society is diffused that way. It's realistic because the pathways of adolescent and young adult development often work out that way--people get tired of always working against the grain. Most rebels eventually get co-opted by an institution or a social role that fits them.

Over my life I've watched as one friend after another lost the fire they had at some younger stage of their life. Then about a decade ago (in my 50s) I lost most of my fire too. Now finally looking at it from the other side, it's much easier not to always assert my unique creative viewpoint and damn the consequences.

Dex-chan lover
this shit fucked me up hard, kept thinking about this series for a few days even after i finished it, really worth a read

Group Leader
57 chapters of mindfuck masterpieces. Not a "tragedy" per se, but you'll definitely not forget the psychological issues this manga tackle in a hurry. The four main characters, though batshit insane have their own distinct personalities, actions and development and it's impossible to just either hate or love them. Might be off-putting for some, even for me at some points but still worth the read.

Two parts that depict the characters before and after their adolescence, both are equally addictive but the second part is just out of this world. My words can't describe how good this manga is but someone with a literate mind will find more in this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
This is fucking masterpiece . The anime if you can even it an anime. It takes a complete different approach to the novel in a good way by using a different style of real life rotoscoping techniques, to give it a quasi botw feel but still real life. The anime I feel perfectly encapsulates the first half of the manga and sadly doesn't have a second season.

Group Leader
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
تم رفع المانجا بالترجمة العربية بواسطة:
@scar_000 + @Ahmed49AFC

لزيارة تدوينة العمل: wp.me/s8qpAG-hana
قراءة ممتعة للجميع

Dex-chan lover
to say this is fucked up is an understatement, proper FUBAR this is, with a
happy end
no less

Fed-Kun's army
This was a great story, a fascinating work of art, I loved the ending. Everything got wrapped up nicely. Classic status imo. I liked the first half but LOVED the second half. The second half of it is almost flawless in it's presentation.

Contributor
Such a mind fuck. I was personally a little disappointed in the ending (although not the last chapter) cause I was expecting a little more of an “invisible man” type ending. It’s sometimes hard to understand the characters motivations, but it’s still a good read. Don’t think I’ll read something like this for a while though 😅

Dex-chan lover
What to say about this... definitely a real "Catcher in the Rye" vibe with the main characters all going through various stages of Holden Caulfield.
Glad to see that they all choose life and recover in their own ways. Sometimes life sucks, shit happens, and you have to make a choice to move on...

Users who are viewing this thread