Zom 100 ~100 Things I Want to do Before I Become a Zombie~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 16 - Hometown of the Dead 2

This comment is unrelated to that psycopath in manga, but neets in general.

As much as NEETS get those "unable to fit into society, potential criminal" treatment it is actually much more gut wrenching experience than you think.

A lot of people misconcieve that it is "their fault" for not being able to get out of it, but it is more that they were beaten down so repeatedly that they learned that effort is useless. This is particularly so in case of asian culture, where they reprimand you severely for not getting results/putting in effort. They reach "learned helplessness", and after this point they fall into a spiral of depression which impede every effort they try to make.
This video really gave me some insight what it means to be a NEET

https://youtu.be/wE1UIK85E3E

Dex-chan lover
Higurashi is right. Normies don’t deserve happiness.
Now back to my reading of Catcher in the Rye while listening to Linkin Park. Then a viewing of Joker.

SOCIETY!

Thanks for translating more chapters! This is still one of the best new manga series I've read in a while, really refreshing that it's not Yet Another Isekaitm over-saturating the market.

... and even though it is Yet Another Zombie Apocalypsetm story at least this one feels and tries something different!

Dex-chan lover
I swear if a zombie kills that dog
John-Wick-Reloading.jpg

@viewtiful majority of Asian parents always putting pressure towards their childs to study and work harder so in the future they could become a successful person who could get a stable income, but doing so would only make them fall harder when they had failed adapting into the world.

People are desperate to get a stable job to convince themselves and the people around them to prove that they're accepted in the society. That mindset is one of many reasons why Asian people are mostly workaholic, not to mention getting a job itself doesn't mean that the person would be happy, just like our MC in first chapter.

Dex-chan lover
wE LivE iN a SocIE-Ffffffuuuuuuck oooooooffffff

Unless we're looking at another twist, it looks like there's some dark times ahead. I can only hope that for every misfortune these wastes of space cause for these good people, it's returned to them a hundredfold.

Dex-chan lover
Sweet. "rivals" who are total pricks and quite literally want to watch the world burn. I hate them already.

Seriously though, I also probably should've expected this sort of development. Our MC here actually could have easily been one of "them." Instead of feeling complete fear and gradual loss of emotion for the black company he worked with. It could have easily been anger, and vengeance. Granted, our MC is of good-nature, so his bucket list is also of good heart.
As the quick flashback shows for the enemy though, they are anything but. They host a strong sadistic sense and are going to act out all their desires to give the grandest middle finger to any "society" that exists, including this small, happy village WILLING TO ACCEPT THEM.

My prediction: They succeed. Burn everything. Watch as the "normies" die, and MC feels incredible anger. His "heart of gold" however will prevent him from actually wanting to kill him. "Bad bois" get away, expressing their desire to search and destroy, with MC team trying to help out any survivors they can hopefully find.

But good GOD I hate it when the author puts this type of "cruel villain" in the series. I'm not saying it's a poor writing strategy because i'm not a critic, but that I just have an unanimous hate for them, like Meine from Tate no Yuusha. They're designed to be completely hated with little to zero room for any form of sympathy so when they get their "just desserts" they all but deserve it. I'm fine with one track personalities, but I'd at least want a personality that's not springing negative emotions. I just. WHY.

tl;dr: Characters written to be complete assholes are really godamn annoying and I wish they didn't exist, even though they serve a functional role in the overall plot and character growth of the good guys.

Double-page supporter
Well, that's a terrible group of characters assembled there. Bad bad bad people who do bad things because they wanna do bad things because they're bad. Hopefully the author is not gonna run with the typical plot options and will do something in-depth with that character archetype. Otherwise this arc is just gonna be terrible to read.

EDIT: Reading it again, Kantas introduction and the introduction of all the other random baddies was just terrible. Literally no depth to their characters whatsoever. Characters like that just ruin stories for me. Hopefully there will be a twist.

Users who are viewing this thread