The One I like Is My Sister but Not My Sister - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - I love little sisters, but not my little sister

Dex-chan lover
author was like lets make something worse than oreimo
publisher was all like
the-shining-ax-scene.jpg

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Fuko
actually, the light novel (original) is ongoing, manga adaptations of light novels being cut short happens pretty often since the manga is mainly to promote the light novel

The LN is still ongoing right? It would be too much to ask for a conclusive ending here, so its fine

Contributor
That was enough.

I can't read another chapter with Mei, so it's ok to end it here.

Aggregator gang
@cgr
They keep their publication when the material is popular enough.
The anime got huge backslash, the LN didn't get the expected boost and the manga had to be canned as consequence.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroageha
I was replying to Fuko ' s theory that it's the author's (low-level writing) fault that the manga publisher cancelled it.

the anime isn't really the author's fault , and the author's original novel went past this portion of the manga, and is ongoing, so the light novel publishers probably think that the novel is still lucrative enough.

Aggregator gang
@cgr
I'm talking about the industry in general.
The same happened with Heavey Object manga despite the author is famous af the manga still got axed for example.

Dex-chan lover
>have one or two things your story does really well
>shove all that shit aside for dumb side-characters nobody cares about

Yeah, I was honestly about to drop it anyway.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroageha
I'm not sure what you mean by 'the industry in general' because manga could get cancelled for a multitude of other reasons:

1. cancelled to get a rebooted adaptation
2. issues with creator's life: like poor health , death , being arrested , divorce , etc.
3. issues with the magazine/publishers itself

even though heavy object manga is cancelled, I expect it will come back a few years later with a 4th manga series, so I don't consider it as a serious/permanent cancellation. I'm too lazy to research more to check the likelihood of my theory though, since it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the manga/novel itself.

either way, none of these cases are really because of low-level writing as Fuka's mentioned, which is my main point, so I'll stop here because I'm not that interested in extra trivia.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake

yeah, it just felt so... meh. like Double Peace isn't interesting, neither is the stalker, only thing which kept me was the duplicity with the little sister.

but ...meh.

Also, i feel like i've been replying to your comments a lot lately.

@Kuroageha
Heavy Object manga being shot has nothing to do with anime nor any of them was axed. In first place, HO is ill suited for the long running series, since it's basically episodic and barely has any legs. Kamachi being a shitty hack writer doesn't help either, so both anime and manga adapted what there was worth adapting and that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread