The Devil Duke's Little Bride

@Hanajam not exactly sure though, seems to be korean because mangaupdates has original webcomic as korean and an "official chinese translation"

is this manhwa or manhua? the font at the cover is hangul tho. so why was it tagged as manhua?

Well, it certainly feels like a manhua, since chapters are oh so short and the quality of the drawings are so inconsistent...

Group Leader
The raw lists the author as 조은재, 지안 and it's serialized in Korean. Also, the Korean version is ahead of the Chinese one which means it's probably the original.

The Chinese version lists the author as 多蕴漫文化 which is not a name. It means "many cultures" i.e. most likely a group of mixed nationalities.

Trust me, this is awful. I haven't finished it, but this happened so far:

The ML and his brother are extremely abusive towards the FL. ML even strangled her and only lets go when it looks like she'll faint. ML's brother hates her because there are rumours about ML loving her and he wants the ML lead only for himself (?!!) There's a lot of queerbaiting between male characters, but everyone treats FL without any respect.

All I can hope for is that the FL leaves the abusive asshole, but of course that won't happen.

Edit: BTW this is after reading 40 chapters

Group Leader
*cough* Since it seems there has been some confusion about the content of this story, I added the alternate title and summary. People seem to think that this is supposed to be a story about a girl conquering her husband (based on the French version's summary) when, actually, *cough* it's the story of two brocon brothers and the woman who comes between them.

In other words, it's more of a brocon comedy than a love story. This isn't a story like The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes.

its going to take like 60 chapters until he openly shows interest. That’s when the scene in the intro happens. I don’t know what happens after since that’s when the English translation stopped
I’m glad you are translating this and thank you. I hope you won’t drop it 🥰

Will rate 3/10.
Not sure if it's really manhwa, but the quality, including art and plot certainly is that of a manhua. Stupid-looking characters, awkward art, and repetitive chapters. (I only read the prologue + 2 chapters; chapters 1 and 2 were just a repeat of what's already in the prologue)

Bad read; I got fooled by the nice cover. The art becomes ugly at random times.

I can't carry on reading this, it's just not my thing sorry. I will say, the quality of the translation is really good though!

The art style definitely looks like the chinese manhua's I've read. Normally I get a headache just looking at that style, because I'm so used to poor-quality translations, so it was nice to have a decent translation for once 😀

Contributor
Those are two hellishly different descriptions. o_o; And I'm to understand that the second one is to be taken seriously?

Deary me. That's certainly something.

Group Leader
@Pokari Yeah, the second one is legit. It's the one found in the official Chinese translation. the first description is from the French version. The Korean one has no description lol.

Fed-Kun's army
What a very misleading cover though. Thanks for adding the alternate title/summary.

Group Leader
Removed the French based version desciption since it's misleading compared to the one by reika. Also this one has been completed on Kakaopage since April so that info update too. On a related note, the group Manga SY look to still be working on this one, with releases up to c77 atm.

Users who are viewing this thread