Dragon Claw

Group Leader
Hello, I'm an adm from a brazilian scanlator and i loved your work. I would like to know if you want to translate your manga to portugueses and provide for brasilian people. We would be in charge of the translation and the typesetting.

We don't seek money or any reward. XD

Dex-chan lover
The style is really cool and remind me quite a lot of "shut hell"
Did you read it ? (if not i recommend it it's really good)

You're awesome for posting this to mangadex exclusively, I will be a patron for as long as you do this and I encourage people to do the same for even just the $1 tier so that this release stays alive.

Group Leader
@Massmada265 Thanks! Yes, even a small donation would be amazing, I'm really glad that some people already support me on patreon even though this story is just getting started! And I hope I can keep it exclusively on mangadex, although there will always be those that just post it somewhere else without my permission. But I will take action against that.

@Zblurth No I didn't read it, but after seeing some pages on mangadex it definitely has a similar vibe (altough it is more seinen) and the faces and scars remind me of my stuff. Interesting indeed!

@Nibba-dot-exe @Treemike Thanks you two!

New chapter this saturday :
https://twitter.com/DragonClawManga/status/1263112764530229249

Im gonna wait a few nut keep up the good work love the art and character see yall in few month

I would love to post french translations for this, but I have zero typesetting skills. If a typesetter is interested, DM me please.

Dex-chan lover
You should try shonen-jump contest in mangaplus shuesiha app.. maybe you could get a chance to be published in weekly jump

Oh great, another Western style webcomic desperately being pimped on a site meant for fan translations of manga and manhua. At least the art work in this one, isn't total garbage.

Group Leader
@UncleQ I don't know why I deserve your passive aggressive tone.

There is a "User created" format tag on this website. I think there is a reason for that.
Just because I'm not japanese, doesn't mean I can't use the medium "manga" to tell my story.

@jia-art

Why do you deserve my passive aggressive tone? Think about it, you put your work up on a site that includes the work from professional mangaka that make a living doing what they do and volunteer teams that translation and edit an ocean of content from those professionals for free. Did you think you would get a pass with the User Created tag? I’m grading you on the same scale as any other manga, manhwa, manhua on this site. My passive aggressive tone was due to the site we're on, if this was some amateur webcomic site or whatever you'd get more of a positive tone from me since you do have some talent but it’s rough as hell. So I’m going to be blunt, Dragon Claw in it’s current state barely resembles rough story boards outlining an incomplete idea. Though if you want to treat this like a site for new artist, I have some free time this weekend so lets get into it with some proper constructive criticism.

First point I’m going to make is going to come off cruel but you got to hear it. Lets get one thing straight despite what you say on your Patreon you are not a mangaka that draws manga you are fledgling artist that can draw the human form slightly better then the average person and has a thing for drawing big eyes. Also drop this fantasy about becoming a mangaka you were not born in Japan you did not grow up in Japan and therefore were not raised in that culture. So stop trying to reproduce the drawing and story telling style of a culture you know nothing about and have only read amateur translations of. You can be inspired by the artwork just stop trying to copy it. It comes off just as cringey as any other User Created crap on this site, the only difference being you can actually draw.

Now, what you can become is a comic book/graphic novel author with your own distinct style and voice. To do this is going to take a hell of a lot more work then most people are willing to do and a lot of luck. In fact here are some freindly guidelines to get started (Hopefully you’re doing some of these already).

1. Draw and write from life and personal experience. Fantasy writing is fun and imaginative but even that genera has to have it’s roots in something real and personal.
2. Draw and write every day. You have talent but you still have a lot of room for improvement.
3. Do research. Take cues and inspiration from the world around you and not what you read hours ago. Take a break from reading manga and watching anime, they're just give you creative tunnel vision. For example watch old classic movies, read books that you wouldn’t normally read, or go to art galleries etc. The point is to study these things and to get out of you pop culture comfort zone. Otherwise your work will continue to be a poor copy of much better stories on this site.
4. Develop a thick skin when it comes to critics. I’ll give credit here you didn’t freak out on me with that last post. I maybe an asshole but there are some real monsters out there.

Number three is the hardest but the most important because it does require getting out of your comfort zone. Your drawings and writings right now are that of someone vomiting up all of the bland and derivative pop culture that they have consumed recently. It's shallow, and devoid of life and imagination. Though I see raw talent here and I’m old enough and have been to enough artist alleys to see when it’s being squandered, In fact that is what is annoying me the most right now while I’m writing this.

Finally, if you have bothered to read this far down then I'll give you one conceit suggestion. Read Joseph Campell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces. If you want to draw and write about heroes or even if you want to subvert the hero archetype start with this book it has inspired a lot of amazing people. From there find your own path, your own voice and stop wasting your time and talent trying to copy something that has unique ties to a culture and people that none of us here (except for the occasional translator) are a part of.

TL;DR Quit squandering your obvious talent.

Users who are viewing this thread